Part 8

I didn't have to wake Taehyung up today. His fiancée was, so after I prepared his breakfast, I went to have mine and then made preparations to go to the town with Jimin.

"Ready?" He smiled at me as I strode towards him to the main gate.

I nodded and we left the castle.

I was both excited and scared to venture into the unknown. After all, the only place I knew was that castle. I didn't think it would turn into my safe haven. I somehow wanted to stay in there forever and not step foot into other places.

I tugged on Jimin's sleeve while we were riding the carriage. He looked down at me and held my hand.

"I'm sorry for doing this. I know you're really scared right now, but staying in the castle all the time and not having a change of scenery is unhealthy for you. Besides," he tightened his hold and grinned at me. "I'm here. You can depend on me, okay?"

I nodded. His assuring words and warmth seemed to have calmed me down.

I looked outside the window and watched as the trees zoomed past me. I began to wonder what Taehyung was doing right now.

I scoffed and shook my head.

Why am I always thinking about him...

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I gripped Jimin's shirt and followed him around the town like a duckling following her mother.

Everyone seemed so nice but I was still afraid of being here. Perhaps I have social anxiety? Or was it because all these seemed so new to me? Yeah, maybe it was that. I was so lost.

Jimin chuckled looking at me and took me to a diner place.

"Ah, Jimin! Good to see you today!" The owner of the place greeted him. "And who is the pretty lady you have with you here?"

I blushed and looked down.

He smiled and put his arm around my shoulders, "She's a beauty, isn't she? She's the new maid of our castle, Violet."

I bowed. The man laughed, "Indeed. She's adorable."

I flushed even more.

"You'll have the usual?" He turned to Jimin.

"Yep, one for her, too. Oh, and give her one of your best milkshakes." He guided me to a table and pulled out a chair for me.

I giggled, "Well aren't you a well mannered gentleman."

He shrugged and sat down as well. "I try."

I looked out the window. Everyone was hustling and bustling about. The town was busy but peaceful.

A content smile made it to my lips and I sighed softly.

It was really calming.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

We came back from our expedition and I entered my room to rest.

Knock knock.

"It's open!" I yelled frustrated and sat up on the bed.

Who dares to interrupt my siesta?

The door opened and Taehyung came inside.

I gulped and cleared my throat, "What is it, Tae?"

"Hi." He pursed his lips and looked around the room. "I was wondering if you could accompany me in my horse riding session..."

"What about the princess?" I nibbled on my lower lip.

He rubbed the back of his neck, "She's sleeping right now. Plus, she can't ride a horse."

"What makes you think I can?" I got confused.

He widened his eyes and chuckled nervously, "Ah... I never thought of that..."

I snorted. "And yet, here you are..." I sighed. Why is he so cute?

"Okay, I'll go. Lead the way," I got up and gestured towards the door.

His eyes sparkled and he quickly took hold of my hand and pulled me out of my room.

A/N: Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💜