Chapter 9-

Percy's  POV

The party was great, especially seeing everybody from camp. Clarisse was even nicer to me than usual! Which still isn't very nice, but she didn't try to spear me, so that's a positive! Cleo and her friends all seemed to act really strange around me- she pretty much avoided me for the whole party, and I don't know why!

I also asked Grover to see if they (the girls) are demigods, but he said no, so that made me really confused-- they said that they have powers, so what else could they be?

I loved seeing Annabeth, even though she judo-flipped me as soon as she saw me. That made everyone laugh. We may also have kissed for a while, but I won't go into detail about that (I don't think most people would want to hear about it). It was a little like the reunion in New Rome, but I hadn't lost my memory this time, which I'm very pleased about.

Most people went back to camp after the party (courtesy of Nico's shadow travel, and my vapor travel), but Grover, the Seven, Nico, Will, and Thalia stayed. We don't have to sort out places for them to stay because Annabeth already sorted that out for a ver discounted price (thanks to a certain daughter of Aphrodite's charmspark). Today I'm giving them a quick tour of the area, and then we're going to the marine park- Cleo and her dad work there and apparently the dolphin show is amazing. 

I walk to the hotel where they're all staying, and enter the lobby to see them all ready to go, with Piper, Frank and Hazel looking like the ultimate tourists (cameras, maps, rucksacks, the lot). 

"Are you finally ready Kelp Head? We've been waiting for an hour .." Thalia says, trying not to smile.

"Oh, Pinecone Face, you pretend to hate to see me, but I know you love it. Now come on!" I say, rather enthusiastically.

Some people show their excitement more than others. "Are you ready to go, Bros?" Grover asks me and Jason. Most people think that they'd hate each other, but actually, we're a trio of bros who look out for one another.

"Oh, I'm ready brover." Jason says (he's one of the very excited people).

Two hours later ............................................... .................................................. .....................................

We're currently waiting to see the dolphin show, which I've found out, includes Cleo training the dolphins. I'm really looking forward to listening to what the dolphins say to their trainers - sometimes the things they say aren't exactly polite, but it's still fun to listen to.

The order we're sitting in is: Piper, Jason, Grover, me, Annabeth, Frank, Hazel, Nico, Thalia, and Will. That's not good- we need to get Solangelo sitting together. "Jason, Grover, place Solangelo plan 37 into motion. They need to sit together!" I say to them. What can I say? Frazel and Solangelo are my OTPs (joint first).

"Hey, Thals? Come sit over here! I need help with one of my powers, I keep accidentally creating lightning and I can't stop. Thalia comes over and sits between Jason and Grover (in on the plan, of course). Now Nico and Will have to sit next to each other for the whole show! Brilliant! I can see why I'm not his type though- they are perfect together.

The show is fully packed, and all of us demigods are in the front row. I'm going to stop the water from getting us wet (well apart from Will and Nico).

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please prepare for the dolphin show to start! A reminder that those in the front 4 rows have a high chance of getting splashed, so if that is not where you want to sit, please get up and find another seat. " Yes! It's about to start!

Cleo's POV

As soon as I step out onto the platform where I stand to perform the show, I see Percy and some of his friends right in the front row. Percy sees me and waves, smiling like an idiot. His girlfriend, Annabeth is sitting beside him, waving as well. I wave back, putting on as good a smile as I can knowing what I do about Percy. Which, now that I think about it, isn't really much at all. All I know is that he's Sally and Paul's son, he has some sort of connection to the water, he has a strange aura, he can speak underwater, he's immune to our powers, and he can make people forget things. Although, he doesn't really look like Sally or Paul, so maybe he has different parents.

I start to bring Ronny out for his first trick, but he doesn't listen to me. Instead he's jumping around, excited, squeaking with joy, and looking at the audience. I look to the front row to see Percy's friends looking at him, with Annabeth telling him something. All of the dolphins are behaving in the same, weird way. One of the trainers calls a short delay for the show, and tells the audience to wait a few minutes. 

Once I turn back to Percy's row, Percy is gone, and so are his friends. What's going on? Percy must have had something to do with the dolphin's behavior. 

I go to where all the dolphin trainers are supposed to meet, and see Percy there talking to them. They're patting him on the back, and laughing as if they were old friends. I catch parts of their conversation, but only single words like, "Thanks" and "Brilliant". But I then hear a phrase that I don't want to hear, "Welcome to the team, Perce."

"Thanks guys, it was nothing, honestly." Percy soon notices me, "Oh hey Cleo! How long have you been standing there? Did you hear the news?" 

I have to play this out so that it doesn't look like I was eavesdropping, so I say, "Oh, I just got here. What's the news?"

"Well, guess who you'll be working with now?" He says, really excited. He seems genuinely happy to work with me, but I still don't know if I can trust him.

"Why?" I blurt out unintentionally. He looks taken aback at my tone. I have to admit, that was quite rud of me. Realizing my mistake, I say, "Not that I don't want you here. I was just wondering what made you go for the job."

"Oh, my mom was just wanting me to get a job out here, and I love the sea, so dolphin training seemed like the perfect thing to do. Plus I get to work alongside my cousin, who I've heard is the best trainer in the area! "

I slightly blush at that, as I didn't know the people at the park thought of me like that.

"Though you might have some competition coming your way Cleo- Percy figured out what was wrong with the dolphins straight away! It was like he could speak to them!" My colleague, Kayli ,  says.

"It was nothing, honestly. Cleo has no competition from me, she's obviously the best here." Percy says, modest and nice as ever. Why is it so hard not to like him? Maybe what we saw with Will was a misunderstanding? I'm so confused right now!

Percy's POV

Ok, so I lied about the reason I took the job. I already feel bad about it. The real reason is that Annabeth thought it would be a good idea for me to get closer to Cleo and her friends so we can find out what they are. What's closer than living with her? Anyway, I can't argue with Annabeth when she has a plan. Piper offered to help me get this job with her charmspark, but I thought I could get the job pretty easily by finding out what was wrong with the dolphins. Turns out I was right. I had a pretty good conversation with them as well- they were really excited to see me here, and they told me how good a trainer Cleo was to them.

Wait-

I could have asked them about Cleo and her powers! I'm so stupid- I'll have to do it tomorrow on my first day. I'm also going to make sure Cleo is still the star trainer, I'm going to do all I can to not show her up or be better. I guess Annabeth was right about this job, I'll find out the girls' secret tomorrow (of they even have one). I feel bad invading their privacy like that, I wouldn't usually do this type of thing- especially to family, but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

AT:

Here people reading, I updated with a longer chapter than usual.

I have good news, my writing ban has been lifted! Yay! I can now write at home! Which means I'll be updating more often, but I still have school (which is a stupid British grammar school and I get tons of homework) so I'll try to update at least once a week. Key word there: try. I won't go MIA for months though- I promise.

That's all from me, and sorry for the long AN. Until next time ...