[14] Do I Wanna Know

Song: Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys

I constantly feel alone and as if everyone hates me. I really want to ask my parents if I can move schools, but I know they'd say no because it's too much gas. I know my friends(really, just the people I follow) would be happy if I did leave. Really, the only thing keeping me from just begging to move is the band and a guy friend of mine(I love my band class, okay? XD).

Y/n's POV

After three hours of driving and reading Seth's directions to Mark, he pulled into a gravel driveway, disappearing in the trees. He slowed down and turned right at the split in the road. He explained that Seth had given him a key to the garage here. The garage was on the right turn and the cabin was on the left. He held the key in his hand in front of me.

"I need you to unlock the garage then open the door so I can put this thing in there." He instructed.

I nodded, taking the key into my hand and hopping out of the car. I left the air conditioned truck and stepped into the hot September day of North Dakota. The sun was still up and shining brightly at five in the afternoon, slight wind blowing the remaining leaves off the trees. It was quiet with the acceptable sound of a bird singing their song, or the boats passing by on the nearby lake. I could see why Seth liked it here so much. After all that's happened recently, this felt foreign to me. I've always loved silence, thats why I always went to the coffeehouse to do my homework. But now I wanted it to end as quickly as I could break it. I don't get why I hated the silence so much now. I felt the need to make as much noise as possible just so I didn't have to sit in the quiet.

Thankfully, opening the garage door made quite some noise. The large wall like door slid upward at the press of a button, allowing Mark to park his truck inside. After he was in far enough, I closed the door again, taking the majority of the light away. Marked turned the car off, stepping out onto the grey concrete with a tap with each step. I made it over to Mark's side, noticing the two, yellow jet skis on a trailer next to us, sending me on a memory trip of always riding one at my Grandparents cabin. Mark noticed as well, patting the side of them.

"The keys are right here, we could take these on a ride." He smiled.

I nod in agreement. "We really should."

Mark's smile turns into a smirk. "But who said you needed a jet ski to have fun?" Mark said, winking at me as he walked past me and towards the normal size door I entered through, his stuff on his back.

Immediately, I felt my face heat up and my ears get hot. I turned around, got my backpack from the truck, and followed after him, thinking about my next words carefully. "And who exactly told Mr. Cocky he could take whatever he wanted?" I question, standing next to him as we walked back up the gravel road once he's locked the garage.

"No one needs to tell me that I can get any guy or girl I wanted." Mark said with a cocky grin.

I raise an eyebrow at him. Instead of arguing, I let out a soft chuckle. As much as I wanted to, I wasn't about to disagree. How could anyone turn him down? Even if it's just for shits and giggles to him and meant nothing, it'd be difficult to decline his suggestions.

He shrugged and turned his head forward. "You aren't disagreeing."

Since he was the one I could count on for the flirtatious comments, I decided I could make the same remark as well. "If I disagreed, I'd just be lying."

Mark's smirk returned, stopping in his tracks and pulling me in front of him by my belt loops. "I know somewhere we could tell lies."