Chapter 19 (Part 1)

Hello my lovely readers. I can't thank all of you enough for all the amazing support. Thank you for all the votes and comments.😘😘😘😘

Here's another chapter. I made this extra long. Longest chapter so far actually.

Don't forget to lemme know what you guys think. Have a wonderful day!!!!

############################

I woke up to the familiar surrounding of my room. The room I was actually supposed to be in. Once I was fully awake I realized I woke up at the right time. A few servants were already up. Not Beth and India though.

"India," I shook her awake gently. She grumbled and turned her back. "India you have to wake up now." I yanked the blanket off of her. "Two minutes!"

"Fine." I moved on to Beth next.

"You know if you let her sleep she won't take two minutes Eve." I heard a very familiar, motherly voice.

I turned around and there she was.

"Tonya!" I hugged her with all my strength. I couldn't contain the joy I felt after seeing her. We laughed and talked and I told her whatever she wanted to know. We also spoke while we were getting ready so that we wouldn't waste time. India woke up shortly after and said she'd take care of Beth. It took a lot of work to wake Beth up.

"So what's your job?" The question I dreaded most.

"Um...I work for...Prince Phoenix Valentine." I shrugged and ate the porridge before me. Tonya's reaction was exactly what I'd expect. She spat out her drink.

"The dark prince?!  How are you?....I mean you're still.....Wait like. Oh gosh Eve!" A few heads turned our way. "Ssshhh! Yes I work for him and it's not easy but it's also not impossible. So I'm just doing my best." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Eve Kheelan you have always been the worst liar I know. You may be able to fool everyone else but not me young lady!" She said and took a mouth full of porridge. All the while glaring at me while she chewed.

"Not much taste huh?" She said licking her lips and making a face. At least she assumed I fooled everyone while in reality I couldn't lie to an animal.

"Has anyone told you, you look pale? Because you look pale and that's the nicest thing I can say about you Eve. What's going on?"

"Everything is fine Tonya. It's not only me, many of the other personal servants go through the same thing." I argued. I'm tired of people worrying and constantly asking for answers.

Answers I couldn't risk giving.

"The thing is I met some of the others and none of them look as bad as you do." Tonya pressed on. "Actually she looks better today. Way better. You should have seen her two days ago." India chipped in.

Tonya raised a brow at me. "There's nothing you wanna tell me Eve?" she demanded. 

"Tonya just stop okay. I'm fine. The work is heavy that's all. I'm not dying! You should ask India how gardening goes." I looked at India for help.

"Stop avoidi..."

"Maybe we should talk about something else." India firmly suggested.

Me and Tonya stared at each other. Tonya is my sister. I couldn't risk anything with her. There's no way I'm telling her anything.

"Look I don't want to argue with you. You just have to trust that everything is fine with me. And you can't keep worrying. We're not at home now and none of us are in charge of what happens here. That's something you need to understand fast." I said looking at Tonya. She seemed surprised at how serious I was. India remained silent as I spoke.
Moments past and we continued eating.