Glance

Feet don't fail me now..
Take me to the finish line..
Oh my heart it breaks every step that I take..
But I am hoping at the gates..
They'll tell me that you're mine..

CIA headquarters, Newyork city

"August! You didn't demand a leave before." Mr Alan said leaning against his revolving chair.

"Sir! I want a break from my work. I want to go spend sometime with myself." August said while folding his arms standing infront of the office table.

"Sure! If you would like to take sometime for yourself." Mr Alan said looking at his face.

"Hmm. But I am going for a month." August replied as lines appeared on his forehead.

"What! A month?" Mr Alan rose from his seat.

"Yes. You heard it right." August replied.

"But. We have a lot of work coming your way August. Its not possible. I am sorry. No more than a week." Mr Alan said.

"A week is not enough. Its the first time I have asked for a leave." August said calmly.

"Ok then two weeks only. No more discussion. Thats all." Mr Alan told him his final decision.

"Ok. I am leaving today." August said.

"Sure! But try to arrive back on time." Mr Alan said.

"I will. Thankyou Mr Alan." August said and turned his back to go.

He took out his cell and called Steve.

"Yes! Who is this?" Steve asked from the other side.

"August speaking."

"Oh! Its you. What have you decided yet?" Steve asked.

"I am going. Make arrangements for me." August said.

"Sure! Reach the airport and my man will give you all the things you need. Steve said.

August left for the airport dressed in his suit and took his briefcase with him.

As he reached the airport he passed through the gates and security checks. He didnot bring his gun there because Steve was gonna provide him with one in London.

His private jet was waiting for him on the runway. All the way to London his mind was racing as to what he was gonna do to that girl.

As he reached London the next day, Steve's men gave him his apartment key. It was the apartment adjacent to Alexis' apartment so that he could keep an eye on her everytime.

London was way more cooler than NewYork at that time. August had come to London before but he was on vacation at that time. He didnt know he could be sent here again to get this kind of job done.

He turned the key in the keyhole. The apartment was luxurious and spacious. He had his own mansion in L.A as well and this apartment was quite comfy like his mansion.

He was told that Alexis leave at 9'O clock in the morning for her flower shop and reaches at about 10 to 11 O' clock back home.

He searched for a perfect spot and placed a chair there to see if it was a good vantage point. It was a perfect spot to see through the window of Alexis' room. The curtain covering the window from inside had hid the room and he couldn't see which room was that.

He went to the kitchen and made a cup of coffee for himself. All the arrangements were already made there for him. The fridge was stocked as well with beers and margaritas.

He went to take a shower after that. He wanted to sleep because he was jetlagged. He climbed to bed thinking about his victim. Now he was eager to see her.

■■■□□□■■■

At about 9 O' clock Alexis decided to leave for her home. She wore her high heel pumps as usual combined with a white chiffon floral maxi frok. Har dark brown hairs were kept in a side swept and she wore red lipstick.

She walked to her home carrying her Judith leiber lipstick clutch which was her favourite. She was into expensive things. Her life was carefree and happy as she was living by her rules.

She reached her home and got inside. Throwing her clutch on the bed she turned on her bedroom light and went to take shower.

At 10'O clock he wokeup from his slumber. He threw a glance at the wall clock.

"Shit!" He said while running to the window.

The light of her room was on but still the curtain hid the inside of the room.

"Damn! She just arrived." He said to himself.
"What am I gonna do now? Its useless standing here." He thought to himself but just then she set the curtain aside.

He saw her while hiding from her view. She was wearing a black nightgown with a robe. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life, innocent face, big eyes and a pinkish white complexion. She was on fire in that black nightgown.

He couldn't believe his eyes that Steve's sister could be so beautiful in real life. Her hairs were wet. She was texting someone and also had a cup of coffee in other hand.

August couldn't take his eyes off her. He was going to take her life. For the first time in his life he had sympathy for his victim. However he didn't want to do it soon. He wanted to get to know her more and for this he had to wait.

 He wanted to get to know her more and for this he had to wait