A call- 85

Kirishima pov
"-you shouldn't push away your children when they finally have the confidence to be who they are." Finished Aizawa who stood at the head of the table, holding the Night Sky magazine. All along the food court table sat the rest of our class, smiling wholesomely at either Aizawa or Kat and I. We had all met at the mall, including Aizawa, to read the article.
"That was so cute you guys." Smiled Uraraka.
"Yes, really sweet." Midoriya sat next to her.
"Thanks." I responded, grinning and squeezing Kat's hand.
"Hmm, it was nice, can I go now?" We all looked to Aizawa, pulling confused faces to him.
"You asked to be here." Yelled Kat across the table.
"Well- err yes, I just wanted to support my students-"
"You can go sir." I laughed. He quickly bowed before turning on his heel; he shouted something back to us.
"Well done boys." We all watched as he walked away, with Midoriya waving.

"So are you guys famous now or what?" Asked Kaminari rather too excitedly. I was glad to see our friendship had been restored over the past couple of weeks.
"We already were." Snapped Kat in his typical manner.
"I wouldn't go that far Katsuki, and no, it doesn't make us famous." I patted my boyfriend's shoulder.
"Well you kind of are," Sero leaned in. "sooner or later you'll be receiving fanmail and calls all about how inspiring you are." Before either of us could respond, I felt my phone begin to buzz in my pocket; I was getting a phone call. As I pulled it out my jeans, Kat looked over my shoulder to read who the caller was. Suddenly we both silently gasped, looking at each other in surprise.
"You gonna answer it?" Kat whispered.
"I probably should, shouldn't I?"
"Well, yeah, it is-"
"You guys alright?" I quickly looked up at Iida before smiling nervously.
"Ugh, yeah. I just got a call, I'm gonna go and take this."

After running to the back wall of the food court, I unwillingly clicked the 'accept button'. Then, taking a deep breathe, I spoke. "Hello?"
"Oh, you answered, thank god." I stiffened up at the familiar voice I had grown up with for most of my life.
"What do you want, mum?" Despite me asking, it was pretty clear what she wanted to talk about. After a brief pause;
"We read the article."
"Okay, and?" Even though Kat waited at the table, I knew he'd be happy with how I was responding. I didn't owe her anything. Part of me still wanted to open back up to her and just be happy with receiving the phone call, but I knew I shouldn't.
"I don't know what I thought, trying to ignore you for however long, but- but I knew after reading everything you said, we need to talk. Talk in person." Her voice was raw and open, upsetting yet hopeful. I thought for a moment, having to take it all in.
"You want to meet?"
"Me and your father would like- would like for you to come down to Hakeni, you could stay for a few nights." Hakeni, a place I hadn't thought about it months. My old home, my city I grew up in. It wasn't normal for students my age to leave their city to go to a school far away, but the thought of me staying there was too much to handle; since a young boy I knew I needed to leave. I battled the idea in my head, going back to either reconcile or to cut out my family forever. I knew what I need to do.
"I'll come, I'll leave tomorrow."
"Oh great-"
"But only if Kat can come." Silence. I waited, listening to the faint sound of humming coming from the phone.
"Okay."
"Really?" I didn't know if I was surprised, if she really wanted me to come she'd need to say yes. I was just grateful she didn't try to argue.
"And- and you don't need to get a hotel, you can stay at our house." Maybe she expected a thank you, I wasn't going to give her one. "So you're coming tomorrow, what about school?"
"We have a week break, we'll try to get a train for midday?" I said casually, yet I was so nervous just thinking about tomorrow.
"We'll see you there."
"Okay, bye." Before I could end it;
"I love you, Eijirou." She almost whispered, sounding fragile. It hit my heart like a ton of bricks, washing me in a wave of emotions. I questioned what to say, before deciding quickly; I just wanted the call to be over.
"Yeah, you too mum."

I made my way back to the table, everyone chatting, including Kat. I didn't want to break it up but it had to be done. "Umm, Kat, we need to go." He turned to me with a frown.
"Why?"
"We need to pack, I'll err, tell you on the way."