Chapter 20

Jennie

Stupid! Stupid! Of all words, why friends!? I'm so fucked up! Ugh! I'll talk to her tomorrow and gather my shit to tell her that I love her too and make her my girlfriend!

I went to my room to take a quick bath. When I was stripping my clothes, my eyes catches a red mark on my neck. I furrowed and moves closer to the mirror to check it.

"Fuck no!"

I remember how Jisoo's expression turns into blank when she glances on my neck. This is a misunderstanding! Well, we got a small party held on my childhood friend and they dared Joy to put a hickey on me. But bitch I didn't let them, so I asks them if ee could get a privacy in the room they agreed. Joy don't want to do it either because she has a girlfriend so we decided to fake it and use make up to make it. They looked convinced and I feel so relieved.

"I have so much explanation to make tomorrow." I sigh and wash of the make up hickey on my neck.
...

Early in the morning I asks Lisa for Jisoo's address. So here I am, skipping the work I have to make it up for my girl. When I stop in a two storey house, I feel awe seeing the luxurious house infront of me. This is where she lives? Wow.

I ring the doorbell but no one is opening the door. Is she still asleep? I ring it again for the fifth time, yet there's nothing. Sighing, I went back inside my car and texted her that I'm here. I waited for almost an hour and I'm getting impatient. Where is she? And when I planned to burn down her house, a car approached me. A messy look girl step out of it but still she look dashing with just that simple. She knocked on my door so I step out.

"I'm sorry. Did you wait too long? I was on Mom's place that's why no one is here." She say.

I didn't respond and just stare on her face. Her eyes are still little puffy, did she cry all night? With that thought my heart slowly sinks.

"I'm sorry Jisoo." I pull her into a hug and cry silently. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you saying sorry? It's okay." She say not hugging me back.

"It's not okay, I made you cry. I caused your pain, it's my fault." I cry.

"No, no. Jennie, don't cry please. It's not your fault." She coo and hugged me back.

"I'm so sorry for being an asshole. For playing hard to get. God knows how much I want it to be your girl." I say with pure honesty.

"We can't be Jennie."

She mumble in a very low voice, sadness coated over the words. I pull away a bit to look into her face, tears streaming down on my face.

"Why? You don't love me anymore? That fast?" I say in disbelief.

She chuckled softly and shake her head.

"I still love you and it's impossible to unlove you." She say wiping my tears away.

"Then why can't we? You love me--"

"That's right, I love you but you love someone else." She choke out.

My brows knitted in confusion. I love someone else? Who feed her that false information? I only love her, only her.

"What made you think of that?" I asks.

She look away but her hands are still resting on my waist.

"It's obvious. I saw an evidence...on your neck."

"Oh." I chuckled. "You mean the hickey? It's fake, look" I say.

She quickly turn to face me and look into my neck as I pull down the material of my cloth a bit so that she can see that it's already gone.