Chapter 38

Chapter 38

So after a quick trip to check out a lead I had found, a trip that involved me being gone for two days, I returned home only to find myself being carted off, right back to the base I exited. Why, because the government decided that I was a danger to those around me, even thoug I had done nothing wrong.

" This is ridiculous." I yelled at the cieling as I propped my feet up on the table and leaned the chair back on two legs. As you can tell, I had left annoyance far behind. Two files lie near my feet, one was what they wanted everyone to sign. The second was my file from S.H.I.E.L.D.. A file which stated that I was the property of the government because of mother's involvement as a scientist, and because of the fact I wasn't of this world.

They would of course, forget this knowledge if I agreed to, and signed, the accords.

The lights went out and I frowned before getting up as the door slid open. " Are we taking the door?" Chloe asked and I shook my head. " Nope." I whispered but as I was about to teleport away, I caught sight of something in the corner of my eye, and turned to find a women's reflection staring back at me. " Aria Stone, go to Kathmandu, and seek out Kamar-Taj."

" What?" I questioned and she smiled.

" We await your arrival."

She disappeared and I made a face before letting out a sigh. " I swear, this better not be more weirdos trying to get me to join a cult, again." I muttered before teleporting back to my apartment.

********

" Excuse me, I'm looking for Kamar-Taj? Can you tell me where that is?" I asked a random store owner, but the person looked at me like I had lost my mind. " I let out a sigh before leaving the store. " This is getting me no where." I said and Chloe appeared as I walked around the corner.

" Well, I dont know if it means anything, but for the passed couple streets, we've been followed by a guy in a weird hood." She said picking up a newspaper as we passed and I glanced over my shoulder, not seeing the guy she was talking about. " Lets see if he can keep up the." I said with a smirk before I teleported to the roof of one of the buildings and began to run. I looked back when I noticed the man start to follow, but in my moment of distraction, I didn't see the edge of the roof, lost my footing and went plummeting toward the ground below. I crashed through the top of an abandoned stall and found myself tangled in the makeshift cloth roof of it. " Darn it." I complained, only to freeze when I heard the person's footsteps coming closer.

" Your skills? Who taught you?" He asked.

Instead of responding I used my telekinesis, to beat him on the head with a lose board before wiggling free, only to trip as something wrapped around my ankle. I faceplanted and the man chuckled as he looked down at me. " Now, I believe you were looking for Kamar-Taj." He stated surprising me and I stared at him in confusion before scrambling to my feet as he motioned for me to follow.

Because this one is so short, it will be a double update.