mini flag

I cover my eyes and dip one hand into the hat. I close my fingers around something skinny, about the length and width of a small pencil. Huh. Okay, why not? I pull out the object. Attached to the small pencil thing is a mini American flag.

I do a small celebration in my brain. Ever since I met Steve i've had a huge crush on him. This is a way to find out if the feelings are mutual.

I glance up at him as I stand and give him a small smile. He returns it without hesitation. He follows me into the closet, and Tony shuts the door behind us.

I slide down the wall into a sitting position. Steve stays standing, wringing his hands.

"So, are you gonna sit or...?" I chuckle.

"No, I-I think I'll stay standing."

"O-okay? If that's what you want?"

We sit in silence for a while, me staring at the wall, contemplating my sanity for joining this game. (Me editing: or contemplating my sanity at all. I mean what. Who said that. I'm normal.)

"(y/n)?" he says, voice barely above a whisper.

"Y-yeah? Steve?" I stand up and walk towards him, stopping only a couple inches away. We stand like that for a while, just looking at each other. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a second, right before grabbing my face and pinning me against the wall.

We both stand there, breathing heavily, and I have a sudden burst of courage.

"Why'd you stop?" I whisper, scanning his face.

"I don't know." Steve says, his voice a husky murmur. And then he kisses me. My hands drift up to his hair and his pull me closer than I thought I could be to him. I feel him sigh against my mouth and I smile. After a while we pull apart and just smile at each other.

"Times up!" Tony calls, throwing the door open. "Aw you guys are boring." he adds, as he sees us just standing there.

"Oh shut up." I say, grabbing Steve's hand and dragging him out the closet door with me. We plop down beside each other on a couch and as Bucky pulls Nat's name from the hat, I hear him whisper in my ear, "Go out with me?"

"Of course."