2 ||

•° ✿ °•

You blinked thrice.

"Where did you say you were going?" You asked, clarifying what you heard.

"Local amusement park." Wonpil briefly replied, putting his jacket on.

"Are you meeting someone again?" You asked, in which he nodded.

"I feel like she's finally the one." Wonpil couldn't help but smile as the words escaped his lips.

"No fair, you're taking your date there when you promised to go with me a year ago!" You pouted.

"We'll go another time, okay?" He chuckled, ruffling your hair.

"Okay! Just go!" You giggled, shoving his hand away.

He gave you one last smile before putting his shoes on and leaving the front door. As soon as he was out of sight, your smile faded. You held your head, lying on the couch as scenarios of how his date could go ran through your head. You want to get rid of it before you end up crying.

He used to come by and spend a whole day with you. You would watch all sorts of movies, blast love songs and criticize them afterward, raid your fridge and leave no food behind, and even cuddle on your couch on a freezing winter afternoon. You could still remember every moment you shared in this very house. 

You remember hearing him knock on your front door. You rush to the door while chuckling to yourself, knowing who would be outside at 6 in the morning.

"Who is it?" You teased, pressing your ear against the door.

"Shut up and open the door, I'm freezing!" He yelled, followed by a small laugh.

You rolled your eyes playfully before twisting the knob and pulling it. On your front porch stood Wonpil, chilling to death with a bag of take-out food in his hands and wearing a pair of red mittens that you made for him last Christmas.

You stepped aside to let him enter. He immediately rushed towards your kitchen, yelling about eating your food because of how hungry he was. You yelled back, chasing after him and shoving him when you found him holding onto your favorite fast food meal.

You would laugh nonstop when he started dancing on top of your kitchen counter, singing to some song by a local band that played a lot in your area. Next thing you knew, he'd pull you with him and twirl you around, dipping you occasionally. He'd chuckle every time you'd trip and would be quick to sweep you off your feet.

When you're both tired, you'd be resting on the couch with a romcom on, cuddling under a thick blanket. You'd lean on him and he'd rest his head on top of yours. You'd hear his every breath and for the whole time, you'd be too distracted to keep up with the movie.

And one night, he pulled a mistletoe from behind his back and gave you a crazy smile. You blushed and pushed him away as you felt a blush creep to your cheeks. But he'd take it back and shake his head, saying he knew you'd never want to kiss him anyway and you wouldn't even bother to look at him differently.

If he only knew...

That was then.

It's been weeks since you last had a day to yourselves. Recently, it's always been about him and his dates. He'd come once in a while to tell you about how his day went and how he failed taking it to the next step with his date. You used to listen attentively, but you were starting to lose interest lately.

Sometimes he'd forget you were there as if he was rambling more to himself than to you. In time, he forgot to ask how things were going for you. He'd only remember when you brought it up but it wouldn't last long. He'd be quick to change the topic and ask for your advice again.

You were getting sick of it.

But you couldn't get sick at the thought of him.

You just missed him

You missed how things used to be.

'But guess what (y/n)? He probably doesn't miss you.' You thought.

°•. ✿ .•°