Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Max's POV

I wrap my hands around her waist and keep her against me. She goes completely still for a few moments, trying to process what just happened.

After a little while, she wraps her arms around my neck and slides her fingers through my hair, kissing me back.     

Someone whistles and she quickly pulls away, breaking the kiss. We both turn to look in the direction that the sound is coming from, and find a junior standing and watching us with his eyebrows raised and his arms crossed over his chest.

"You two are in big shit. You're not in the same houses, are you? You can deny it all you want, but you're on camera," he says and points up at a security camera.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair, then make my way towards the kid. "I'll give you five hundred bucks if you keep your mouth shut."

"What? For five hundred bucks I'd let you eat my ass. Deal!" he says.

I cringe and shake my head. "That's disgusting." I pull out my wallet and give him the money. Luckily I have enough on me to give him the right amount.

The annoying guy walks off, leaving me alone with Julia again.

"We should go before anyone else sees us together," I say and chuckle. Julia nods, still looking like she's in a daze.

Is the daze because she is still thinking about our kiss? Is she that affected by it? I smile to myself.

We walk slowly to her room, and neither of us say a word the entire time.

"So, uh, about that... kiss," she says.

It was weird and amazing at the same time. It's crazy. Before, I thought that when I kiss her again, I wouldn't feel anything and then I'd move on.

Honestly, I wish that was the case. It would be a lot easier if I could just walk away without caring if she got hurt but the truth is that I do care about her. Maybe I am crazy for having any feelings for her but admitting to those feelings isn't going to make them go away.

She does make me feel... something. I don't know what, but it is definitely something that I have never felt with anyone else.

"What about it?" I ask, trying to act nonchalant.

"Well, what does it mean? Are we still going to act like we're just friends? I mean, what are we doing?" she asks.

I chuckle. This sounds a lot like the 'what are we?' question. "Honestly, I don't know, Julia."

I've never been in this situation before. I've never had to worry about what happens next because I always knew that it ends after one night.

"Great," she mumbles and leans against the wall next to her door.

I step closer to her and tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear. She looks up at me with curiosity swimming in her beautiful eyes, clearly expecting me to say something or have a solution to our 'problem'.

"I don't know, but what I do know is that I really like you. I mean, it's crazy how my body feels all funny when I'm close to you or how I accidentally find myself smiling when I think about you."

She grins. "You're so whipped," she whispers and pulls me closer by my shirt.

I smile back down at her, leaning my forehead against hers. "I definitely am."

I close my eyes, hating the feeling forming in my gut. I am terrified of this. I am terrified of feeling something for a girl, because I know it gives her the power to hurt me all over again. I don't know what I would do if Julia did this to me again; the same thing every other girl I have liked has done to me before.

"Are you okay?" she asks, placing a hand on my cheek.

I nod, keeping my eyes closed. "Yeah, I'm fine."

No, I'm not. I'm terrified. Maybe I should leave now before it becomes anything more than a kiss. If we do this then there is no going back.

Maybe I should end it...

I open my eyes and look at the beautiful girl standing right in front of me. She gives me a small smile, her eyes scanning over my face, trying to read me.

Then, her eyes go down to my lips. "Screw it," I mumble and press my lips to hers again.

She kisses me back again, but after a few seconds I pull away, already feeling breathless. "I like you and I don't know what's going to happen next but I hope you like me, too."

She nods. "I do."

I lean down to her neck and quickly place a kiss on the spot where her shoulder and neck join, and I feel her shiver at the feeling, making me smile. "I should go before we get caught again. I'll see you soon, sweetheart."

I step away from her and quickly walk away, making my way back to my room. I turn around to glance at her and she gives me one more smile before going into her room and shutting the door.

I smile to myself and do a little happy dance, feeling excited and scared and a thousand other emotions.

She's mine.

~~*~~

Hey, guys!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 6k ON INSTA!!

Here's the updates you have been waiting for. Thanks for being patient. Love you guys and let me know what you think <3

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG