8

Chapter 8: A boyfriend

"It's not gonna happen Tae," you rolled your eyes, comfortably calling Taehyung by his nickname but he only frowned more.

"Why again?" As if he just couldn't get it in his head he asked.

"I don't think you understand the complexity or the reality when it comes to dating or a relationship between a boy and a girl. You're not even from earth, Tae," you elaborated but your strong words made his frown change into a confused look.

Heaving a long sigh you put down your spoon with a clank. "Okay what I'm saying is, it's not as easy as it sounds. You don't know much about it that's why you could take the boyfriend term so easily. And honestly, I can't even look at you like that."

"Hah, that's why you were ogling at me the day before," he rolled his eyes looking away dramatically as soon as you were finished.

"And for your information I read plenty amount of books back at heaven so I know a few. You can't be a fairy without some knowledge and I can learn?" He added still having that sassy expression on.

This guy just can't take a no, can he?

"I'm sorry but we need to end that topic here Tae." You got up from your seat as you were done with your breakfast. "I have classes so I'm leaving."

"You really don't get it, do you?" The blonde latter stood up in a hasty manner too. "I think, no, I know that I was sent for this matter! Else why would I grow into a human body all of a sudden? Why'd God give me a new name, those identification papers like a human? Wouldn't it be more convenient if I just stayed as a palm sized fairy?"

He said it all in one breath then calmed down by himself. "I'm surprised why I haven't thought about this sooner," he mumbled.

His logic was pretty good, believable too. But you also had your own logic. "It's not easy I'm just-"

"You wanted a boyfriend and that's why I'm here so."

"So what Taehyung?" This time you felt a little angry. "Eitherway you get your job done and go back to heaven. Be it being my boyfriend or helping me find one. So shouldn't I help myself in that matter? In the end wouldn't it be again same as before?"

Your words made him stop and stare at you with his meaningful eyes. But you didn't wait for the discussion to go on. Holding on the strap of your bag tightly, you left the apartment. But you only heard him say from behind,

"Or maybe I could let you feel loved for the first time even if it's for a short while."

He didn't know. Your parents loved; still loves you too. But their love for you wasn't enough to find their own happiness. So all those events fall back in one result anyway, you feeling lonely.

Though you didn't let it get to your head and practically ran your way to the bus stop. You were earlier than other days and that made you feel accomplished. Since the quick calculation in your mind resolved into you finally being able to return the books to the library, take classes and get to your job at the cafe without being a second late.