10 | The One With The Footage

Madhav leaps forward pressing his palm against Shree's mouth as he sensed her about to shriek. Her eyes inflate and her breathing stops as she feels her body pressed to his. Madhav stands still, unmoving as he feels his heart pound within his chest. Shree bats away his hand from her mouth and moves away from him, startling him.

They stood in silence for some time and Shree was the one to break it.

"Where am I? Whose house is this? How did I get here? What are you doing here and why are you naked?"

Madhav crosses his arms against his bare chest "You are in my mom's old apartment in Juhu, right now. I brought you here last night after you... wait, can't you remember what happened last night?"

"I can. Vaguely, though. The last thing I remember was getting your text message. After that-" Shree stops as she presses her palm against her head. "-my head hurts."

"I know the perfect remedy for this." he says and ushers her to the couch. He opens the small refrigerator and takes out four eggs. "Try as hard as you can to recollect what happened, while I make this to cure your hangover."

"Hangover?" Shree exclaims "I was drunk? There can't be a chance. I didn't drink anything except a few glasses of fruit punch. I was perfectly sober while I got your text."

"Think harder, Ms. Prasad. Someone must have spiked it." he says as he breaks the eggs into a glass and stirs them until they turn to a rich golden shade. He walks to the couch and as he takes a seat beside her as he keeps the glass on the table.

"Uhm.... There can't be a chance. I carefully watched the bartender make each glass." Shree said and her face grew pale. "Except the one Shiv got for me. But why did he want me drunk? What was he trying to achieve by getting me drunk?"

Madhav reached for the mobile that was on the small coffee table. "I think you should see this CCTV footage from last night. It's a good thing we have them fixed in the elevator." He hands over the phone after loading a video.

In the video, Shree was drooping like a lifeless flower, the zipper of her dress pulled down to her waist, exposing the clasp and the straps of her bra. She was held tightly by Shiv who pressed kisses on her neck

Shree saw the video, her eyes swimming with disbelief. "I can't believe it!" she said as she felt her voice shake. She kept the phone between them and stood up "But- but- I trusted him. I thought he was my friend. Why did he try to do this to me?"

Madhav walked towards her. He kept a comforting hand on her shoulder. He turned Shree to face her.

Her eyes were brimming with tears, her face deprived of the bright colours of the rainbow she used to have. The uncontrollable tears came out of her somehow and she started to sob loudly.

He pulled her to his bare chest and she cried louder like an injured child holding onto him tightly in an attempt to find the comfort and peace she desperately craved right now. He caressed her hair, slowly and smoothly as a part of his heart crumpled to pieces. "Things could have been a lot worse last night. But the important thing is you got saved from harm's way and you are secure now."

He holds her face with hands. The soft rays of the sun that peaked into the living room through the windows splashed a soft gold shade on her face while the tears that raced down her eyes looked like drops of melted gold. "These tears don't suit you, Ms. Prasad. That's not how I remember you to be. The Shree I know is a bold and courageous woman."

Shree coughed a few sobs. Madhav's calloused thumb sponged the tears from her eyes. She sees a dark patch on the left side of his chest; fresh and raw. She looks at him and he nods.

Shree blushes as she stands on the tip of her toes to press her lips against his. Shree's heart started to beat wildly as he returned the kiss as slowly and as gently as he can. Madhav moved away, feeling slightly at unease.

A sharp knock on the door rips them away from the other.

To be continued

Express all your views and thoughts about this chapter through your comments. Also let me know the about following:

-How was this chapter?

-What was your favourite part of this chapter?

-What will happen next?