9. Imbecile's sister

"Ugh this is all your fault.", I yelled in annoyance and got out of the car and started walking in the middle of the road.

"How is this my fault exactly?", He enquired, following me out of his car.

"You were the one who insisted on driving the car in rain. Now good luck with finding a mechanic in this deserted place.", I accused him and sighed in exasperation.

His car broke down in the middle of road and we had been stuck inside for last hour. He said he had called some mechanic but I don't think anybody was coming for us.

"Well sorry to inform you but we are not going on a picnic. Forgive me for wanting to find my sister as soon as possible.", He said sharply, still following me on the isolated road.

"Yeah good luck with finding her now.", I muttered under my breath.

"I can listen you. And if anything, this is the fault of that imbecile brother of yours.", That was the last straw.

How dare he call him that?

Only I have the right to call my brother imbecile.

"You called my brother imbecile?", I could feel my nostrils flaring up.

"I just stated the fact." He shrugged.

"You know what, you can take your car and stick it up your a**. I can find them alone.", I screeched and started plodding forwards.

"Are you crazy, woman?"

"Maybe I am. After all, I am an imbecile's sister.", I snapped.

"Get back in the car, Hazel.", His tone was dangerous this time.

I ignored him and continued walking.

"I can't let you go alone. You came with me so you are my responsibility.", He said in a low voice. He was trying his best to keep his anger under control.

"Responsibility?", I stopped in my track and turned to face him.

"So that's what it is about. Your stupid male ego. You think you gave me lift so that makes me your responsibility? Guess what dude, I don't need your help. I have lived my whole life on my own. I can survive a small journey."

"That's not what I meant-"

"You think you are helping a poor, helpless girl. Aren't you?"

"You know what? I am not giving any explanation. You are down right crazy", His face flushed red and his fists were balled at his sides. The blue in his eyes was darkened.

I didn't bother to reply and started walking down the road again. This time, he didn't bother to follow me. I don't know why but my heart clenched at the realization that he gave up too soon.

Why would he follow my anyway? He was right. I am crazy. A crazy, whiny girl with abandonment issues who exaggerates every little thing. He is better off alone without me anyway.

Pushing the disappointment arousing in my mind, I continued my little journey, expecting to find a bus or a lift soon.

The rain had cleared the roads and washed the dirt off the trees. The sky was now clear and the sun was about to set. As the sun dipped below the horizon, the colors of dusk starting to fade away.

I have been walking for almost forty five minutes but I couldn't find any lift. That's when I realized something.

What the actual duck, I forgot all my belongings in his car.

The tears that I was controlling so hard, burst out of my eyes before I could even stop them.

I was alone in a place where I don't know anyone. I don't have any money with me. I even forgot my mobile in his car.

What would I do?

I was standing outside a park. Sighing, I walked in and sat down on an empty bench. My face was wet with all the crying. I rubbed my eyes with my sleeves and hugged my knees. Burying my face in between, I cried my eyes out.

Where are you dad? Why did you leave me alone? You would have never abandoned me like he did.

Please dad, I need you back. Alex had eloped with a girl. Mom doesn't care whether we are alive or not.

Everybody thinks I am crazy. Even this guy who had known me for less than a week thinks that.

Your little princess is scared, dad.

"Hey sweetheart." An unfamiliar voice broke my chain of thoughts.

Rubbing my eyes again, I lifted my head only to find three bulky guys standing in front of me and staring at me creepily.

I looked around only to find the park deserted. There was haunting darkness all around me except the light of a street bulb coming from a far place.

For how long had I been crying?

My hands started to tremble at their sight. They were looking big and dangerous. One of them had an ugly scar running down his cheek. The worst thing was that they were looking at me like I was a piece of candy. My hands started to tremble and I could feel my heart pacing up.

"If you need a place to stay, we have extra space in our bedrooms.", The one with a scar said with an evil grin plastered on his face.

"N- no thanks. I just live by this street.", I lied and stood up.

They took one step towards me and I took one step back.

"I should go.", I said and turned around. The entrance to the park was a little away. I began taking heavy steps. I could hear the sound of their feet behind me.

Please God, save my virtue. I prayed internally.

Just when I was about to reach the entrance, an arm snaked around my back and pushed me towards a chest. The odor of his sweat was nauseating. I angled my face to look at his face. It was the same guy with scar.

" Let me go.", I screamed and pushed my hands to free myself but his grip was quite strong. The other two guys were now standing at front of me, eyeing me up and down.

"Leave me, you bas***d.", I cried, using my loudest voice but it stuck in my throat when he clamped his hand on my mouth.

I tried the only solution I had in my mind. Using my free arm, I crept it in the space between our bodies and punched him in his jewels with all my force. He fell behind, clutching his private area and started screaming in pain. The other two men ran towards him to help him up and I took advantage of this moment and ran out of the park.

The door led me to a street. My lungs were exhausted due to screaming and crying but I didn't stop. Fear invaded my senses when I heard footsteps behind me.

I rotated my neck and found his companion running behind me. I increased my pace. All the time spent in the Physical training class helped me actually and soon, I was out of his reach.

The road ahead of me was slippery due to rain. I tried my best to keep my balance but unfortunately, my feet slipped and I tumbled forwards, my head hit with the ground and that's when the darkness enveloped me.

***************************

Anybody else feeling sad for her?