| 003 - Stressed Out |

~
Music is the only thing keeping me sane
~

My eyes scan over the paper, the words spinning due to my staring at them to long. At this point I was asking if I was even using the wrong 'their' in a child's safety check. It's been a long week and the work that I'm getting from both the headmistress and school is just piling up at this point.

So yeah, I was stressed.

And I think Ned is starting to see through my act of saying everything is ok.

He doesn't know how hard things have been getting lately. I'm not going to tell him because he's my best friend, I don't want to stress him out. He is my best friend after all.

A bell rings through the community home and I don't pay attention to it for a moment. Then I come to my senses.

I quickly scramble out of my desk chair and look over to make sure Jason is awake, he's not. I shake him a little and he meets my eyes before rolling over. He is almost 18 and he goes to the local highschool. I have no idea how he is passing but he is, plus he isn't a bad person. He just is unmotivated.

I sigh and glance around my room. I make sure I have all my books for school, a decent outfit on and last of all my suit. The suit I have used for a little over held a year now and will keep using because I am Spiderman. I do one last look over of the room, grab my phone off it's charger, shoving it into my hoodies pocket before heading downstairs.

"All the others have left Peter," The headmistress informs me and I hum a little in response, dropping the thick packet of papers onto the kitchen counters which are slightly cluttered thanks to all of the kids. She hands me a brown paper with my name labeled on it. I say a quick thank you before putting it into my bag and then bolting out the front door.

I dig my phone out of my pocket as I run, checking the time and cringing slightly when it reads twelve after eight.

I panic internally because this will be the fourth time I'm late in two weeks if I don't make it there by eight thirty. I groan and pick up my pace, running as fast as I can because I might make it to class if I go as fast as possible.

I run because a subway is too slow and I don't even know if one is running to the school right now and there is no way I could change into my suit, swing to school, change into normal clothes again and then get to my first period class on time.

Running is my best option.

I easily move past the obstacles in my way and avoid people who are going to work and try to not look back as they yell after me. I start to run across a street but freeze up when a familiar feeling rushes through my body, practically screaming that there is danger nearby.

Just as I get back into my head I hear someone slam down in their brakes in the middle of the street where I would have been if I hadn't stopped running. I glance at the car to see it's some kind red sports car but I don't take a second look. I need to get to school and I'm only a few blocks away.

I speed around the car not even glancing at it again, letting out a shaky breath. Sometimes I wonder what would've happened if I never was bitten by that spider that made me who I am today.

Luckily, the community home that I currently reside at it much more closer to Midtown Tech school then May's old apartment building so it only takes about twenty minutes to get there. I heard and seen for myself that the building was rebuilt. They never knew what started the fire but it took the lives of five people. Five people I could have saved if I didn't go out, including May.

I rush into class just as the bell rings and I take my usual seat next to Ned. He looks over at me and I smile innocently.

"What took you so long dude?" He asks when he sees that I'm fidgeting from the run. I glance at him, not wanting to answer any questions right now, before locking my eyes into the teacher who is starting to set everything up for today's lesson.