Chapter Twenty Six : A Cat's Lie

~Chapter Twenty Six : A Cat's Lie~
~Start~

**********

Every Saturday, it was considered as a lazy day for (Y/N) and the cat boys. This is the day where it's okay to not do any work in both in and out of the house. Anyone can sleep and laze around as long as they want and no one will scold them. Probably because everyone else is doing the same as them. That's why, (Y/N) couldn't understand why her black-haired cat friend was in her room fixing her bed.

"Um...Chikage?" She asked as she watched him fix her decorative stuffed toy in her bed. "Why are you fixing my bed?"

Chikage looked up at (Y/N) as if he didn't even notice that she was there the first time she entered. "Oh! Master! Hello!" He said as he waved and went back to dusting off her bed. "I'm fixing your bed for you! It's lazy day, right? You should go laze around, Master!"

(Y/N) sweatdropped as she looked around her room. Everything was practically spotless. "Uh...Yeah, that's right but..." She said and turned back to him. "How about you?"

"Oh, I'm fine~!" Chikage said as he turned around and place his hand on his hips with a proud look on his face. "What's important is that Master gets her beauty rest~!"

Chikage then got a feather duster and proceeded to dust off (Y/N)'s (F/C)-colored curtains. (Y/N) stared worriedly at the black haired cat boy. "A-Ah, I see what you're doing and I appreciate it but..." She trailed off.

"I got scolded, you see..." Chikage suddenly stopped dusting off the curtains. "Someone told me that telling you what to do isn't the best thing to do. I was just stealing your freedom."

Chikage turned around as his ears dropped down, sadly. "...I'm sorry, Master..." He said, guilt was in his voice. "But I promise! Stealing your freedom wasn't my intention! I was just trying to keep you from working too hard!"

(Y/N) gave Chikage a slight smile, appreciating whatever he is trying to do. "I know, Chikage, it's fine..." She said, giving him a reassuring smile. Though Chikage was delighted to hear her answer, his ears were still down and so, he continued on talking.

"But you know, Master...I just can't keep my cool to see you with so much work..." Chikage said, looking down. He was feeling guilty because he felt his words were beginning to contradict each other just to keep up with his emotions. "I...I really want you to take everything easily..."

"But instead of doing things in the selfish way, I want to ask permission this time, Master..." Chikage said as he walked towards (Y/N) and grasped her hands with a determined look on his face. "Please let me help you, Master! I promise, I won't become too selfish anymore!"

(Y/N) gulped as she stared back at his sparkling red eyes and looked at the side, clearly have no idea what to say. It's not like she don't want him to work, in fact, help would've been very beneficial. (Y/N), like him, just didn't want Chikage to hog all of it himself. She slowly looked back at him and seeing his determined look, she sighed in defeat.

"A-Alright..." (Y/N) said, still unsure of her answer and just decided the answer that Chikage would've liked. "But just like you said, don't be too selfish!"

(Y/N) pat his head and stroked his hair. "You keep on saying about me overworking myself but you never really considered your own well being." She said as she gives him a sad smile. "Me and everyone else would be very sad if something happens to you, you know?"

"Take care of yourself too, Chikage." (Y/N) said, causing Chikage's eyes to widen and sparked as he stared at his Master. Finally, the black-haired cat boy gave out a wide and happy smile.