Unexpected Guest

When Emmy got back to Ceco, she immediately wasted no time to get back to her love ones.  When she entered the city, everyone greeted her with smiles and a bow. Emmy nodded her head to them, however she quickly made her way towards the castle.  

When she entered through the castle’s gates, Steward Seth was waiting with the stableman for her arrival.  When Emmy got off her horse, the stableman took away her horse and entered the castle with Steward Seth.

“My lady, I hope your travels went smoothly?”  Seth asked as he pushed open the door for her.

“As expected.”  Emmy told him. “Where is Lord Seoras and Sir Gengrick?”   

“They are in the dining hall.”  Seth told her. “We have an unexpected visitor.”  

Emmy’s eyebrow scrunched together quickly before her mask came over her face again.  When they entered the dining hall, everyone had just sat down for lunch and the unexpected visitor was sitting next to Gengrick.   

Emmy’s eye widen in surprise.  The man was tanner than she last seen him, even though it had only been a month.   His black hair was now cut short, however his sharp brown eyes still stared at Emmy intently.  His high cheekbone was more pronounced, as if he lost some weight. However his body still looked strong and sturdy. If anything, he looked as if he gained some more muscles.

Emmy did not notice when everyone stood up when she entered the room.  Her steps slowed down as she saw Dominic stare at her directly with eyes that did not waver away from her.  Her glance at him was quick as it directly went to Gengrick, who sat by Dominic then she looked at Seoras.

His mouth was tightened into a straight line, as she knew he was unhappy.  Only Gengrick seemed as if he was happy that she came back.

Emmy immediately bowed her head and curtsied to Seoras which made him quickly stand up.  

“Come.”  Seoras said as he looked at Seth to help him.  

Seth immediately helped Emmy to stand up and walked her to her chair.  He was in the process of pulling out her chair when he was quickly pushed aside by Seoras.  Seoras pulled out Emmy’s chair and when she sat down, he pushed her chair in.

Seoras’s finger lightly caressed her neck as he moved away and sat down next to her.  Emmy’s eyes lowered as a mix of emotions overflowed through her. Why did it seem like Seoras was unhappy about her and yet, he gave her the faintest  touch to apologize to her.

Was he unhappy with the things she’s done?  Was he going to leave her now that he knew just how much of a villain she become?  Her uneasy feelings clouded her eyes and she stayed quiet as everyone sat down and began to eat.  Her hunger disappeared with her troubled emotions.

“Are you not hungry?” Seoras asked as he leaned into her ear.

Emmy nodded her head no.

“Just tired.” Emmy answered. Her heart had jumped at his closeness and his breath tickled her ear.  Her body yearned for his touch as it trembled lightly.

Emmy could imagine Seoras smile lightly before kissing the side of her head, right above her ear before whipersing to her again.  

“Then you’re excused.  Everything else can wait.  Go get cleaned up and rest well.”

Emmy nodded her head and stood up to leave.  The moment she stood up, everyone else did as well.  

When Emmy left the room, she could feel everyone’s eyes on her back, however she kept on walking.  When she arrived to her room, she took a long bath and immediately went to sleep on Seoras’s bed.