3 ||

•° ✿ °•

It was around 4 in the morning when you felt your phone buzz next to you. You groaned in annoyance as you scooped your phone, not bothering to check the caller ID and answering it in a groggy voice.

"Who frickin' calls at 4 am, you moron!" You screamed into your phone with your eyes still closed.

The person was probably taken aback at the harshness of your voice. You could hear their breath for a few seconds, but no words came out. You heard the person sigh before deciding to speak up.

"(y/n)?"

Your eyes widened in realization at the sound of his voice.

"Sungjin?" You asked.

"Yeah, it's me." He responded.

"W-What's up? I'm sorry for yelling at you." You said, sitting up from your bed.

"You'll probably be annoyed at me for asking you this but..."

"But what?"

"Wonpil hasn't come back home. Do you have any idea where he is?"

Your breath hitched. You stuttered a reply, informing him about knowing nothing of his whereabouts. Sungjin quickly apologized on the other end, ending the call immediately for you to get some rest.

However, you found it hard to go back to sleep, let alone close your eyes. Your mind was racing at the possible outcomes of his amusement park date. You switched on your phone to find no texts or calls from him the past hours. You started to get worried. 

Why wouldn't Wonpil tell anyone where he could have disappeared to? 

He couldn't still be with his date, could he?

In your anxiousness, you opened your contacts and searched for his name. You pressed dial and brought your phone to your ear. Your heart continued to race as his phone rang once... twice... thrice. Without any luck, it immediately goes to his voicemail.

Hello, you've reached Wonpil's phone. Sorry that I can't get back to you right now, but enjoy a short acoustic recording of our latest song, "Shoot Me"!

geurae nal sswa

Bang bang

neoye bullet bullet bullet

eolmadeunji majajulge

wonhan ge igeoramyeon

Just shoot me

Shoot me

You tried again and again but you were met with the same voicemail. You sent him multiple texts asking if he was okay and where he was but there was no reply. You dropped your phone as a frustrated sigh escaped your lips. You ran your fingers through your hair, finding yourself restless at his absence.

This had to be the 9th girl he dated this month and probably the worst of them all. How were you even surprised something like this would happen? You should've seen it coming. You used to notice how every date ended up worse than before, so why would this be any different?

You pitied Wonpil.

He just wanted a girl to love.

Yet none of them could find it in their hearts to reciprocate it.

If he only chose you.

If he only realized no other girl could possibly love him more than you did.

But maybe you're just not what he wanted.

Suddenly, your phone vibrated. You hastily grabbed it, unlocking it to see two text messages from Wonpil. You tapped on his name and two pictures popped out. You squinted your eyes as you took in the first picture.

It was him standing next to a pretty girl, his arm wrapped around her shoulder. The girl had a big smile plastered on her face, holding her hand up in a peace sign as she looked at the camera. Wonpil was smiling just as wide, but his eyes were focused on her.

They looked so happy, you could almost assume they're a couple by now. You couldn't bear to look at it any longer.

You scanned the next picture, but it was blurred. All you could make out was Wonpil's figure, holding a glass in his hand with his eyes crinkled and mouth curled into a smile.

But that was it, no word from him. He ignored your messages and decided it would be fun to just send a picture of him and his date being lovey-dovey. You felt like crying the more you thought about him. It was like you were starting to vanish from his life so slowly. It shouldn't even be long before you're completely out of his world.

You felt your phone vibrate again, indicating a new text message. However, it wasn't from Wonpil. It was from Sungjin this time. You sighed, opening his text.

You were on your feet by the time you finished reading his short text, ready to head to their dorms.

From: Park Sungjin

He's home.

And he's drunk.

°•. ✿ .•°