21| M a s o n

She lets me down
Then gets me high
Oh I don't know why
She just my type
She's my device
I don't think twice
Oh I don't know why she's just what I like
But I, I, I love it
I, I, I love it
Love the way she plays with my head
She lets me down
Then gets me high
Oh I don't know why
She's just my type

-Just my type, The Vamps 

21| Mason

Mason was staring up at the sky. The sun was about to go down. There were colors all around, orange, pink, purple. Violets and blue scattered out and about.

"Hey, would you like to go the next town with me? One of my friends live there. We can go on Saturday morning."

"Sure." Evelyn said still doing her maths homework.

Mason sat up in an instant. His books and copies were scattered around the grass. Evelyn was sitting with her copy in her lap. Her backpack lay open in one side.

"Did you just agree with me?" Mason asked just to be sure.

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "You heard me."

"I was mentally preparing myself on how I can convince you to go with me. And you just agreed. My thoughts went into waste." Mason said leaning back down on his back.

"Don't make me say it twice. I may change my mind." Evelyn said.

"You just agreed with me. I call it a progress."

"What?" Evelyn asked.

"Or my success." Mason shook his head affirmatively. "Absolutely my success, given my charming personality, nobody can resist saying yes to me."

Evelyn punched on the side of his arm and he looked up. "I won't go anywhere with you. Because you are a cocky bastard."

Mason sat up. "Nah, you will."

Evelyn packed her bag and stood up. "In your dreams."

Mason chuckled and gathered his things, shoved them inside his backpack. "Trust me, we go to certain places in my dreams."

Evelyn this times punched slightly on his nose and he leaned back. "And we get chased by zombies in my dreams."

Evelyn shook her head in horror and turned. Mason followed with a grin in his face.

"So you dream about me, huh?"

Evelyn stopped dead on her track. For a second, she didn't move and then she cleared her throat. "No, that was my worst nightmare."

She turned and stuck her tongue out. Mason cracked in laughter.

"Of course. Come on, confess, it was the best dream you ever got."

Evelyn gave a look of disgust before turning around again. Mason didn't bother, because messing with her was worth it.

They hopped on the jeep and Mason started the engine.

• • •

Mason set the ladder towards the window habitually. He remembered doing this since he was eight or maybe less. He would sneak out with Jack to prank Bryan or he would sneak out with Bryan to prank Jack. But he could not let mom know he was going out when he was grounded. When mom saw him, he would get grounded again. And that was only because of Mallory, as she could not keep her big mouth shut.