Chapter 8

Chapter 8

At the race course, the host announced the winner to come up on stage while Aryan thought, "I hope the host doesn't announce my real name otherwise Jiyasha will hear it." 

His eyes were searching for her among the crowd but he didn't find her, "Did she go away?" He felt sad unknowingly.

The host called the winner, "So Jimmy's team has won today and the owner will collect the award. The cheques will go in the name of Mr. Aryan Saxena, the owner of Jimmy."

Everyone clapped while Aryan got worried. He took the microphone, "Jiyasha, are you there?"

Everyone looked around and they shouted, "No Sir, she is not here. We saw her leaving the ceremony in a hurry."

Aryan heaved a sigh of relief and collected his award. As he was walking out of the ground, he kept pondering over everything, "She is indeed my lady luck. I won this award with her beside me. But what will happen if ever she comes to know about my real identity? I don't know why but I have started demanding her presence near me." 

*****

Jiyasha entered the hostel and went to Pooja's room first. Pooja hugged her tightly with sore eyes. "Have you been crying Pooja?"

Pooja narrated everything to her including Jatin and Monica's behaviour towards her. She kept crying while narrating the incidents. She was quite upset with them.

"Jatin Sir is not wrong here, why did you blame him? Monica doesn't even know about his decision regarding her detention from the project. How can Monica behave in that way for this reason?" Jiyasha was asking her. 

Pooja's eyes broadened. "I didn't think of it. Why did I blame Sir unnecessarily? I was too worried for Monica. I created this fault on my own and was still crying over it. I should tell him a sorry. But what about Monica?" 

"I guess Monica is in some grave problem. We should give her some time alone, may be she is able to solve everything by herself. And if not, she will definitely come to us at last. She knows that we are her best friends and will always be with her in every problem," Jiyasha assured her.

*****

A few days passed by while Jiyasha got busy with her studies and the project. Pooja had apologized to Jatin but still he hadn't accepted her apologies wholeheartedly. The few days that passed, Monica kept avoiding both of her best friends. She was lost in her own world and the other two were busy in their own work. Aryan and Jiyasha had also not met during these days again.

A new day began and Pooja came to Jiyasha's room with a magazine, "Look Jiya, what I found! You are just amazing and you look so stunning in this."

Jiyasha, who was hurrying with her file writing work, didn't look up and was concentrating on her file. "What is it Pooja? I look stunning! Where?"

"Really believe me. You didn't tell me that you visited the famous Derby sport ground and earned a pretty good fame. Look girl, see your picture with the winner. It has been published in the magazine of the month." Pooja was smiling widely.

Jiyasha took a glance at the picture and passed a dull smile, "Oh this one. Yes it happened to me all of a sudden," she said and continued with her file work again.

"No darling it's really amazing. You even met the person who saved our lives and I don't even know. Will you take me to that derby ground some day? I want to see it so that next year, even I may try to get some chance like this." Pooja  formed a sad face.

"Hey don't be upset. Let us go there on this Sunday then, on the friendship day. There's a good restaurant over there, we'll dine there," Jiyasha assured her. Pooja agreed and left the room. Before leaving, she had kept the magazine on Jiyasha's desk.