Chapter 13

Zarah's POV

Ayyan and I had gotten a little bit closer since our talk. By that, I mean he acknowledged my presence, and we spoke sometimes.

We were currently in the car going to my parents' house. I hadn't visited them since my marriage, a month ago. I couldn't wait to see them. Ayyan was driving while I was sitting there doing nothing but staring at him which was a little bit weird. Boredom could make you do stupid things.

I rush into the house without waiting for Ayyan after the car stopped. Ignoring the door bell and all those formal stuff you had to do, I barged into the living room.

"Mom, I missed you so much," I hugged my mom inhaling her sweet scent.

"I missed you too sweetheart. So how's everything? I hope you are doing just fine."

I was about to reply when Ayyan came in and at that same moment Fareed appeared in the kitchen.

"Reed," I yelled.

"Arah," He yelled back. We hugged each other not letting go.

"I missed you lil' bro." I confessed.

"I missed you too."

After the hugging session, Mom ushered both Ayyan and I to the living room. She brought snacks and some drinks. "How are you, Ayyan?" Mom asked him. 

"I'm fine, thank you for asking."

"Zarah," he called my name in his husky voice. "I'll be leaving now. Thanks for the snacks, Aunty."

"No, call me Mom like Zarah does. Zarah escort your husband to his car." I turned my head and gave Mom a why-did-you-just-do-that look.

I stood up and followed him outside like a lost puppy. "What time are you picking me up?" I asked him.

"I'll just call you when I'm close to the house." I went back inside after his car was gone. I sat down watching TV while eating the snacks Mom brought for Ayyan.

"How is marriage treating you?" Mom asked me suddenly.

The question suprised me cause I wasn't expecting it. "Fine, I guess."

"Tell me the truth Zarah."

Shoving another samosa in my mouth, I replied. "Mom, I'm saying the truth. I swear."

"Zarah, I know when something is wrong with my only daughter."

I was about to reply but my phone rang at that time. I checked my phone and it was Muna. I picked up the phone knowing pretty well that Muna will be yapping about how I abandoned her after my marriage.

"Hello betrayer!" Muna shouted into the phone,

"Calm down woman," I said back.

"I heard you're going to be home today so I'm on my way. Wait for me," she said the last part slowly and muderously, ending the phone call. Only God could save me from that crazy woman.

Three minutes later, I heard the doorbell ringing. That was fast, I thought. Well, not that fast since she pretty much lived 3 blocks from my house.

"Fareed go and open the door," Mom yelled from the kitchen. Typical Mom. I heard Fareed groaning from his room. Opening the door used to be my job before I got married.

"Hey Reed." Fareed is like Muna's brother because he grew up seeing Muna in our house almost everyday. We were that close.

"Hi Muna."

"Where is that sister of yours?" She questioned
him.

"See her looking at us from the edge of the staircase," he said. She thanked him quickly.

She rushed to where I was standing and hugged me tight almost making us both fall down from the stairs. "Ouch! What was that for?" She slapped me grinning madly.

"That was for abandoning your best friend."

We made our way to my old room. It was a medium sized room with a small bed in the middle. One bedside drawer with a lamp on it, a beanbag and a study table.

Muna plopped on the bed and I sat on the beanbag. "So, how's your life?" She asked me. I knew this questioning sessionwas going to happen when she called me earlier.

"Fine, I guess." I replied.

"Something's wrong." She pointed out right away. "Whenever you say 'I guess,' I just know that something must be wrong."

"Okay fine you got me. But what do you want me to say. Do you want me to tell you how we don't talk at all or how he ignores me almost all the time or how we are basically the worst couple ever?" I blurted out frustrated about all this marriage stuff.

But what she said next proved to me that my best friend would always be by my side no matter what.

"Don't worry, I have a plan."

***

Hello peeps. Your favorite author here. Chapter 13 is out. So, how's the chapter? And what do you think the plan is? Maybe we'll find out in the next chapter. But who knows ;)

Hope you enjoyed it. If you did, just vote, comment and share!

~R.