World 53: Part 4

<<BREAKING: Forbidden Research in Lennon's Top Military Base?>>

<<Stele and Hunter's Rekindled Love?>> 

<<Zergs x Humans: Have We Gone too Far?>> 

<<Professor Hogthorn: "an incredibly concerning question of ethics">>

<<An Academy Visit to Top Security Base Causes Meltdown>> 

>> Fresh off the Network 

     @delantoutpost, ever read Frankenstein? Some humanities can go a long way. stunner_stanley 421k likes
                 Damn thanks for the boost y'all. stunner_stanley 12.3k likes 

       I can't believe the state of our military tbh. Like yes, this is awful, but holy fuck how did you losers get caught??. waluigi_rich 10k likes 
                 LMAO. everyones-a-critic *2.1k likes 

******

"Let me reiterate, Lieutenant. You managed to leak the existence of project SPOTS to students. Project SPOTS. The one project that was to be kept strictly confidential, and you. Leaked. It. To students!" General Eckman slammed his hand down hard on the table. Unlike Hunter's meagre showing, the general cracked the conference desk right down the middle. The wonders of a 2S physical, truly. "Lieutenant! What the hell did you think you were doing?!" 

The object of his rebuke dropped his head even more. "Sir," Alkan, for such a big man, could pull off ashamed and pitiful admirably well. "I'm willing to accept any penalty. If you wish to demote me--" 

"Demote you?," Eckman snarled, livid beyond normal means. His face had long flushed an unflattering red. "Forget demoted! Officers have been executed for less! Look at the damn Network, soldier!" 

Fei Chuan frowned when another wave of strong Alpha pheromone washed over him, and forced his knees not to shake. He was not kneeling to anyone, Alpha or not. He took a stray lock of hair and pushed it back, subtly brushing against his earring. A screen popped up, displaying

 [Resilience Factor: resistance of mental strength 
Effects: Host is unaffected by mental strength a certain threshold higher 
Level: 3 (MAX).] 

"I need it higher," he murmured quietly to the System, holding back the nausea of feeling someone else's soul force oppressing him. 

"The max value has been assigned," the system buzzed back.Even a saint would crumble under persistent abuse, and Alkan finally stopped cowering after his mother was disparaged for the eighth time. The addition of his mental pressure made a small wheeze escape Fei Chuan. "Please."  

A smooth voice was the one to whisper into his ear this time, casting off the robotic tinny of the system. "I'll see what I can do." 

Though Fei Chuan currently had a mental strength of A, it was still artificially boosted by the system and his own strength of will. Normal analysis machines would probably grade him as a B still.

What had he been thinking, walking into a room with two posturing alphas in the S rank?

Fei Chuan closed his eyes and tuned out the shouting match. Broken phrases of "for a fucking *Omega?!" and "he's not like the others!" filtered in, and Fei Chuan would smile if he had the mental ability to. 

Right. This was why. 

While the students had long been ushered out of the base under threat of lawsuits should they reveal anything they saw, particularly that one insect-like fetus in that one lab (didn't stop videos from popping up on the Network), one particular student had yet to leave Alkan's mind. This would be the Omega who Alkan decided to "stretch" the rules for, one Alexander Whiting.