Din Djarin | Thunder and Lightning

yes. another (very short) child!/little!reader
what did you expect, come on

(i've listened to the mando theme on loop while writing this. no regrets)

------------------------------------------------

"Hey, hey", Din soothed, stroking your hair.
"It's okay. I've got you."

Slowly you started to relax into his embrace again, already starting to feel groggy because you were sleepy but too scared and on edge to fall asleep.
Just as you were about to finally doze off again, another thunder rattled the Crest.

"Damn thunderstorms, should've landed on another planet", you heard Din mumble under his breath.
"I'm sorry, little one. It'll be over soon."

The second the thunder rumbled through the atmosphere you let out another whine, clutching closer to Din's chest.
Cooing he drawed you in further, trying his best to comfort you about something he couldn't do anything about.
You could only imagine how pissed he was at himself for being so helpless and not considering the conditions this planet was known for.

"Shh, shhh", he soothed, rubbing over your back in big, strong motions, setting up a pattern.

Another thunder cracked loudly through the atmosphere, rumbling through the Crest.
"That lightning must've hit near", he tried to explain.

Din noticed your spooked look and immediately went to soothing you again.
"We're safe in here. The Crest is safe, don't worry."

Everytime another thunder vibrated through the Crest, you clung tighter to Din.

"You won't be able to sleep anytime soon, will you?", he realized defeated.
Feeling bad for being so weak, you shyly shook your head.

He sighed, "Alright. Up we get. There's gotta be a board game or something somewhere around here."
A few minutes later, you sat opposite of Din, wrapped up in a blanket nest and fully invested into some dented board game he found in the furthest corner of the Crest.
By now the thunder was almost forgotten and if another one rattled the loose metal in the Crest, Din and you just giggled it off.