|31| special treat

Once the wrapping paper is off I lose all control of my jaw. Everyone looks at the gift Taehyung got me with amazement.

"Whoa! You said it was something small you liar!" Teddy points at him. I hold up the gift so everyone has a better view.

"You got me a custom iPHONE XR?! These aren't even released yet! T-this is a really expensive gift!"

"Your old phone broke over two months ago now, it's about time you replaced it." He says cryptically, reminding me of the time he threw my phone out the window.

One side of me doesn't think I should have to be thankful, since he is the one who destroyed it in the first place it's only right that he owes me. But the other side of me is over the moon. I kind of forgot about replacing my old phone and that was just some crappy iPhone5, I never expected an upgrade like this.

My mouth opens, but before I can object to accepting the present Taehyung signals me to stop.

"I've already paid for it so just take it. I'm not returning it."

"But I... *sigh* well thank you."

Jungkook objects defensively, "Yeah thanks for completely making all of our gifts look lame."

"Dude you got her a floppy dildo, how did you even walk in the store and get that?" Taehyung retorts.

"M-mind your own business!"

While they debate I take a glance over at Jimin, his eyes scroll down at Taehyung for a moment.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌙

Everyone chats and dances in Mina's backyard to the music that her neighbours will probably complain about in the morning.

I'm really grateful that I have these guys as my friends, they're so funny and thoughtful, yet so weird. This turned my whole birthday around. It's not a huge extravaganza, but I'm with the people that make me laugh and that's all I need. The only thing that would make this night better is if Tye were here. I go to the kitchen alone and pour myself a cup of sprite.

"I don't get it." I hear his deep voice behind me. When I turn around Taehyung stands there with his hand behind his back, "You're finally 18, yet you come in here for soda when there's champagne outside."

"Just because I'm 18 doesn't mean I suddenly have to like alcohol you know."

His eyebrows skip briefly before revealing a box from behind his back. "Here. I didn't get to give you your birthday present."

"...What are you talking about? You already gave it to me."

"I mean you're real present."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. He passes me the skinny rectangular box before putting his hands in his pockets, patiently waiting for me to open. I arch an eyebrow at him before slowly lifting the lid.