Apology Accepted

CAMILA

Lauren has been acting strange since she came in the office. And by strange she was being kind of nice. No sarcastic comments, no arguments, no banter and no glaring from her which was very not Lauren-ish. I tried to piss her off by talking nonsense which I've noticed she hates so much but... nothing! All I got was all-yes Lauren that agrees with every bullshit I made to make a conversation. I was starting to think that maybe she was starting to like me or trying to be friends with me but then I remembered what happened between us. The dyke argument that we had and it all made sense. She felt bad of what she did and that was the only reason why she was so being nice to me. And that thought made so mad. I wanted her to be nice sure but not like this she was doing it out of guilt and I wanted her to be nice to me? No. I wanted her to like me for real. I wanted to be friends with her for real... or be just her girlfriend for crying out loud! But I couldn't because she made it clear that she wasn't into me like that.

But here I was with Lauren's lips pressed against mine. To say I was surprised was an understatement. I was dumbfounded because Lauren kissing me was the last thing I expected happening this morning.

The kiss was not hard I wish it was but, Lauren just brushed her lips with mine and before I could even process what was happening she already pulled back.

"Wha—what was that for?" My voice trembled. Get a grip, Camila!

"To shut you up. It worked. Didn't it?"

I scoffed and I was about to say something but she cut me off.

"I did it to prove a point."

"What point? That you were a good kisser? Well I couldn't tell from that peck, could I? Kiss me again and I'll give you a better evaluation." I joked. Well not really. Jokes are half meant. I really wanted her to kiss me again.

"Camila, can you be serious for a second? I'm trying to apologise here." She said frustrated and went back to her swivel chair behind her table.

"By kissing me? Wow. Lauren you really are full of yourself—

"If you would just shut your mouth for a fucking minute and tried to listen to me then I wouldn't have kissed you!!" Lauren pound her fist on the table glaring at me then after a beat she realised that she was getting mad again. She closed her eyes for a second to calm herself. I heard her sighed and then looked up at me and said, "Please, listen to me will you? I'm trying to fix this. Let me explain and hopefully the kiss would make a lot of sense."

I didn't really know what to answer.

"Please, Camila."

Oh what I would give to hear her say those words to me in a different context. I smirked to myself.

"Sit, Camila."

"I'm not a dog, Lauren." I took the seat in front of her table anyway.

"Okay now let's try to talk without yelling or arguing. And let me talk first, alright?" Lauren said carefully like she was talking to a student or something.

"Jesus, I feel like the guidance counsellor is talking to me."

"Let's say we are it's just that the guidance counsellor is at fault this time not the student." Lauren explained but my mind registered a whole different scenario.

"I didn't know you're into role playing, Jauregui." Her her eyes went wide and her cheeks flushed by my words.

"Oh god. Tha—that's not what I meant, Camila!" She said covering her face with her hands.

I found this cute and funny. One thing I noticed about Lauren was that for someone who was very confident with herself she could be very shy about this stuff.