Chapter 4: Turf War 101

The elevator rose high into the sky. Looking at the screens before them, they saw what the current maps were at the moment. "Shellindorf institute and Manta Marina, huh" Agent 3 said aloud. 8 looked at him in worry, thinking she might not do well for her first time. 3 took this to note and chose to first give her a tour of the current maps.

Selecting a few things that appeared on screen,both were taken to Manta Marina. Stepping out of the elevator, it appeared as though they were under ground. 8 looked around and noticed that her tenticals were now blue, just the same as 3. "When you enter a turf war or ranked battle, the color of your ink type will change. Once here, all team members activate a jet stream of ink and swim up top; considering we are on the Manta Marina stage, we are somewhere below the restricted playing areas." Moving forward, 3 took out his Hero shot replica and shot a valve on the ground, creating a stream if ink to swim up.

He took 8s' hand and slowly led her to the ink stream. Urging her to swim upward,she took a step back in fear. 3 put his hands on his shoulders "you don't need to be afraid (A/8), I'm right here with you". Giving her a reassuring smile, he took her hand in his once more and slowly pulled her into the ink stream.

After transforming and swimming upward, 8 could now see the Manta Marina Stage. Gazing at the sight before her she gasped, never in her life had she seen somthing so awesome. 3 tapped her shoulder and brought her attention to the small phone strap on her arm "here you can hold your phone to look at the whole map, it's best to look at it when ever you get the chance to know how much turf your team has painted".

8 looked at the map, there she saw a blue squid and octo. She closed her map and looked around. 3 apparoched her once more and asked her to paint in about 180 pts of turf. Doing as she was asked, she painted in 200pts of turf when she noticed her tentacles started to glow. Curiosity got the best of her and she turned to question 3, whom also was glowing. Looking at 8, he chuckled "cute" he thought;realizing what he was thinking, quickly brushing the thought away.

Walking over to 8 he continued to explain "When your tentacles begin to glow like this, that means you can now use your special. Each weapon has a different special, even among weapons of one category." Clicking his special, he rose to the air and splashed down; flinging paint everywhere. "My special is a Splashdown, I can splat enemies that get to close to me or fill in a large amount of turf. Now, let's see you use your special." Giving 8 her space, he sat in wait for 8 to use her special.

Clicking her special on, she was now in a plastic ball. Rolling around, she left a trail of paint behind her. Once a bit of time passed she stopped and the ball exploded, filling in even more turf than 3. She turned around to see that 3 was applauding her "amazing job (A/8)!".

Blushing at the sudden applause she looked away in embarrassment. 3, now confused, approached her "Hey (A/8)? You okay?" He questioned. Hiding her blush, she vigorously nodded her head up and down. Once 3 taught her to to use her side weapons and etc. He moved on to explain turf war's rules.

"First off, you will face off in a 4 vs 4. Each team will have different colored ink. The goal is to cover as much turf in your teams' ink as you can, the team with the most turf wins." 8 nodded as for him to continue. "Now I need to let you know that splats don't count towards your total team score, they only give you an advantage due to the-" 3 cut himself off, he looked at 8 and noticed that she had frozen at the word splat. Putting his hand on her head and petting her, he finished explaining "you don't have to worry (A/8), in turf war all players that are splatted respawn, they don't actually die" giving her a small hug he patted her back.

Moving back, he gestured towards the exit "come on, let's go try out our skills!". 8 smiled and began walking when all of a sudden she felt a jolt and down to the ground she fell. "8?......8!.....".

~flash back~

"(A/8)!" Hearing her name called she shot up like a firework. She lied on a bed in a familiar room, to her left was a dark skinned, blue octoling. "Come on (A/8), you're gonna be late for your patrol. Octavio isn't gonna be happy if you are".

Getting out of bed she rolled her eyes and replied "okay Marina, geez" 8 quickly changed into her octoling gear and grabbed her shades; looking at the item intently she felt as though she was forgetting something. Marina popped her head in the doorway "You are going to.be.late!" She yelled at 8.

Putting her shades on she immediately felt stronger, but she also felt as though her actions where not of her own. Grabbing her octo shot she rushed out the door and waved bye to Marina. "See ya later Marina!" 8 exclaimed as her room door was getting  farther and farther away.

Thats when it all flashed white.

~end of flash back~

"(/8).....(A/8).......(A/8)!". opening her eyes slowly she quietly whispered "(A/3)?". Bringing her into his lap, 3 hugged 8 tightly "What happened? I was so worried when I saw you lying on the ground" he mumbled into her neck. Hugging him back she was conflicted wether to tell him or not. Finnaly making up her mind, she whispered "Sorry, guess I got a little light headed huh?".

But now agent 8 had some questions for Marina....