Chapter Seventy-One

James remembered spending long hours in hospital back when Fleamont and Euphemia had fallen deathly ill from Dragon Pox

James remembered spending long hours in hospital back when Fleamont and Euphemia had fallen deathly ill from Dragon Pox. He remembered pacing back and forth, walking up and down the corridors, pulling at his hair, and just finding himself unable to sit still. He found himself reliving those same actions as he waited for word on Renata's condition after they had brought her into a hospital. Thankfully, Adelmo was aware of several wizarding hospitals outside of San Giovanni's, which had been compromised earlier and it wouldn't have been a good idea to travel back there seeking help.

They ended up at a place called "Careggi" or something along the lines that James remembered, where Renata was immediately tended to, but at the same time, they took Adelmo in as well. However, he refused to be seen until he explained the situation and requested that no Healer from the academy be permitted to be near any of them. Almost instantly, the hospital went on lockdown to quarantine all of the Healers that were associated with the academy until there was an investigation launched.

But that was the last thing really on James' mind at the time, and Sirius didn't look interested in anything else besides the welfare of Renata and Adelmo. They remained close though, not willing to take any chances with the two being taken away from them, they stood guard outside of the rooms that were to remain open. And they could only watch as Healers were coming in and out, being informed of the situation.

James could see the look of surprise and shock on their faces, some of them would approach him or Sirius, asking if they needed anything, but James brushed them off and told them to focus all of their attention on the two, especially Renata since she was barely holding on when they arrived.

To keep his own mind occupied, Sirius contacted Dumbledore through the Floo Network in order to discuss what was going on, leaving James alone in the corridor to wait. Every so often, he would steal a glance inside the room where Renata was, to see several Healers standing off to the side and talking amongst themselves. He wasn't a Healer, but it left him utterly frustrated that it looked like they weren't doing anything.

He didn't want to say anything, but at the same time, he wanted someone to tell him something. After everything they had been through earlier, James needed something to hold on to. He had put himself through the hell of believing that he had lost Renata in the worst way possible, only to be given a sliver of hope that she would be alright. Never did a comatose state sound so good in his head than when Adelmo said it was a possibility that her body was attempting to protect itself by putting her in an unconscious state.

That gave him hope that everything was going to be fine eventually, however, seeing the concerned looks on all of the Healers' faces, not speaking the same language as them, and not knowing what the hell was going on was driving him close to another breakdown. Finally, Sirius returned, running his hands through his hair in a stressful manner before taking to sit next to James.

"I spoke with Dumbledore," he started, " he's already moving on getting things done. He thinks the International Confederation is going to push for Renata and Adelmo to be transferred from here to St Mungo's in the Janus Thickey Ward-"