Chapter 12

Late, I know. I wasn't in the mood to write stories, but just read them and watch videos. Hope you forgive me.

Update: Had to re-publish the chapter since one of my friend told me that there was a problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." -Proverbs 27:6.

"You feeling okay?" Hank said, sitting on the chair that is right beside the bed.

"Yeah...I'm feeling okay..." You mumbled. "But we need to head back to Markus."

"You're not in the condition to do so." Hank said. "You need to rest."

"You're like my father sometimes." You shook your head. "I appreciate you being worried about me, but I play an important role in Markus's plan. I need to be there."

"I'm sure he'll understand that you can't help him."

"No, Hank! I have to be there for them! I need them to trust me! Let them know that they can count on me!"

"I'm sure they do!"

"But that doesn't mean I'll not help them!"

"Gah! You're so stubborn!"

"Haha...reminds me of Markus..." you both shot your head at the owner of the soft, hoarse voice. "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to butt in like that."

"Ah, Carl! Sorry to be a bother." You smiled apologetically. Carl shook his head, sitting on his wheelchair.

"No worries, (Y/n). You're always welcome."

"Wait...Carl?" Hank looked at You confusedly. "As in...Carl Manfred? The famous artist? The owner of Markus?"

"Yes, that would be me." Carl chuckled. "That boy....he never cease to make me proud.."

"Markus?"

"Yeah, he's like a son to me. My son, Leo, is changing because of him as well. Starting to believe that androids were meant to be free...never in my life have I feel so proud of my son..."

"Ahh, sounds like an absolute dream." Hank chuckled bitterly to himself.

"Carl." You looked at the elderly man with a firm look. "I NEED to get to Markus! I need to protect from Connor!"

"You're in no condition to do so." Carl said, shaking his head.

"But I need to help them! They may be androids, but they're alive!" You said, Carl glanced down.

"I think the same way as you, but I'm sure Markus can protect himself."

"He can be a little reckless though." Hank said, "Saw the news about him and an army of androids marching. He stepped forward, as if sacrificing himself, when the SWAT came and started shooting."

"More of the reason why I need to be there!"

"But--"

"Sir..." the three of you looked back to see the android looking at Carl with a worried expression. "The police is here..."

~MARKUS~

"WE ARE ALIVE! WE ARE ALIVE! WE ARE ALIVE--" the grenade that was thrown to their side interrupted the android.

Markus managed to survive the bomb, however soldiers were coming to their way.

He hoped that you were able to hold Connor off until this is over.

However, he didn't know Connor was there, watching the chaos.

~YOU~

"You must go!" Carl said, looking at you and Hank. "They probably know you both prevented Connor from killing Markus if Connor really is by their side."

"But what about you?" You looked at Carl worriedly as Hank helped you getting off the bed.

"I'll be fine." Carl said, he looked at the android. "You should go with them."

"But sir--"

"You need to go with them, or they'll take you." Carl said, looking at the android. "I may not know you long, but I won't let you be shut down."

"...." The android was silent.

"They won't do anything to me. Don't worry." Carl said reassuringly. The android was hesitant but nodded in agreement before going with you and Hank. "Good. Best that you escape by that window."

The android opened the window, before looking at you and Hank.

"Carl..." You looked at him. "Thank you..."

~MARKUS~

After being Captain America with a debris that he found, he tried to save as many androids as they can.

He needs to save his people, that's his duty.

But he can't really save everyone.

Eventually, they were rounded up and was surrounded by the armies. They were being pointed at, and one wrong step, they're wrong.

But it doesn't matter if they did it right of wrong, they were going to die anyways.

Markus sighed internally as he stepped forward. If this is how it's going to end, then so be it. At least he fought for his freedom.

"FIRE!"

~~~~~~~~~

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!" You shot up, panting as you looked around. It was just a dream.

You looked at the clock to see it's the middle of the night. "Mhmmm..." someone stirred beside you, you looked at your side to see your friend waking up.

"What happened?" He said, looking at you concernedly as soon as he looked at your petrified expression.

"Nothing..just dreaming about the past....but...it ended differently..." You looked down. He sighed as he made you lie back down.

"It's okay, I'm here. Just sleep." He smiled reassuringly before lying down with you, keeping you secure in his arms. You know he's here. You just wished that he's been there every single day, like the one time when you were forced to do something you didn't want to do.

"Thank you...." You mumbled as you close your eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Markus stepped forward, taking a deep breath as he looked forward. He saw Connor at the distance, walking towards them before stopping halfway. He ignored him.

Hold on just a little while longer
Everything will be alright

Soon, the androids joined him.

Fight on just a little while longer
Everything will be alright

The soldiers lowered their guns down, feeling confused and felt pitiful at the same time.

Sing on just a little while longer
Everything will be alright

"Stand down." Perkins said through their earpieces. "The President said so." And they did.

They moved away a bit, letting the androids know that they are standing down.

Connor clicked his tongue.

'I have to do everything myself...' He pulled out his gun, aiming at Markus.

"Goodbye, rA9..." He said bitterly.

BANG!