Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Leera’s POV

Popping my shoulder back into place, I released a relived, yet pained sigh. My forehead had beads of sweat sliding down my face as I was losing too much blood. My breaths were short and sharp and the stinging in my arms and legs only grew worse as they weren’t healing properly because he dipped the knife in wolfsbane; the only substance that can slow down a shifters healing process.

I had aggravated him again by embarrassing him in front of his ‘packs’ men, so he decided to punish me again, but with knifes. He had dipped it in wolfsbane and drew it up and down both legs and arms so there was blood streaming down.

Not only have they given me stuff to sedate me, but now I had wolfsbane running through my blood as well. I’m pretty sure they also didn’t know how much to use of the chemicals so the balance could be off wack. I may have failed chemistry, but I did know the side effects of what happened when two substances were mixed together unevenly, especially in a human body with changing temperatures.

“I have to get out of here” I whispered to myself, my vision was going blurry and my head felt weightless. I seriously felt high without the happiness. My mind had gone into shut-down mode, I couldn’t even feel my wolf, it was like she had crept into a dark corner of my mind, a place where I’ll never find her.

Ever.

I felt lightheaded and faint as the bond between me and Blake start to shake. Was this a side effect of having wolfbane and sedative in your bloodstream? It kept shaking for a while, when weird flicking noises started popping in my head, causing the faint feeling to grow and grow as the last image I saw before I blacked out, was Jackson in front of me, swinging the knife carelessly in his hands…

Blake’s POV

Grunting, I placed my two pinkies on either sides of my lips and whistled.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned towards me in surprise. How hard is it to get your stuff and form ten straight lines?! They were trained professionals as well! Maybe Lee was right, we should crack down on the training more; after all, she managed to escape my best guards without batting an eyelash.

“How long does it fucking take to form ten lines?!” I shouted, causing everyone to back down and lower their heads shamefully. “Your Alpha Female’s life is on stake here, the quicker the better!” as soon as they heard that they moved five times faster, carrying equipment and food packages for the short aeroplane ride.

We usually wouldn’t take weapons, but since we’re dealing with rouges we have no idea what they’ve got up their sleeve. For all I know, they could carry around machetes and guns all day!

“Alpha, we’re ready if you are” a man bowed in front of me, I nodded and took off at the front, directing the group towards the planes. It would be quicker and less of a hassle if we went by planes because if we crossed into another packs territory they would hold us hostage until they thought we were no longer a threat.

Alpha or not, if any person is believed a threat to a pack, they’re virtually dead meat.

“Okay, I don’t have time to sort you into groups, so I’m counting on you to do it yourselves. You’re trained fighters, make use out of it” I commanded, instantly they spread apart and in a jumble of bodies moving they somehow sorted themselves into groups of thirty. I was impressed.

“When we land we will head south for twenty miles before we reach the zone. Get hydrated and ready as there won’t be stopping for anything or one. Got it?” they nodded simultaneously and sprinted into the cabins of the planes, carrying backpacks over their shoulders.