Nineteen

"Thank you! Come on".

Gabi and Benjamin begin walking around to find Noah and Lucas for lunch. Benny spots Noah, smiling before walking over.

He grabs his hand, smiling. "Hi".

"What's up?"

"Um? I'm hungry..".

"Oh. Oh yeah! It's lunchtime. Would you like if a few of the basketball dudes came?"

Benjamin grabs Noah's arm, pulling him away. He whispers softly, "They don't like me, babe".

"Of course they do. Come on, they aren't the football players".

Benjamin shrugs, "I guess I'll just stay here. People like to talk".

Noah looks around, seeing the hallway mostly empty, before leaning down to kiss Benjamin. He pulls away, cupping Benjamin's cheek.

"Listen. They aren't like them. They're accepting, trust me. And if you don't like it, we'll leave immediately, okay?"

Benjamin nods, biting his lip. "But one thing...kiss me again".

**

Benjamin sat by Noah and Gabi. Lucas sat across with Hayley next to him. The rest of the guys were everywhere else.

Benjamin eats a forkful of salad, his leg jumping up and down under the table.

Gabi leans over, "Are they dating?"

"Lucas? I don't think so...why?"

"They've been a lot close lately. He doesn't even walk me to my locker after lunch anymore".

"Just don't think much of it".

"So much for you. Noah and you are like inseparable".

"Benny?"

Benjamin looks away from Gabi to Noah. "You wanna come to our first game? Be my little cheerleader".

"Uh..y-yea..sure, why not?"

Hayley frowns, reaching over to touch Benjamin's arm. "Don't worry. We can go together so you can be lesss anxious".

"Actually, Benny and I are going together".

"Um, who are you going to cheer on? The ref?"

Benjamin bites his lip, "Y-you can b-both come with me...h-how about that".

Gabi furrows her brows at Benjamin. "Are you Okay?"

"I need to...use the..the bathroom",

Benjamin gets up, running into the men's room. He puts a hand on his chest, letting out a deep breath. He splashed his face with water, breathing heavily.

He felt so small at the table. It's like he forgot how to breath.

Noah walks in, frowning. "Are you Okay?"

Benjamin nods, "Yea. Sorry, I just...needed a break".

Noah nods, walking over to him. He lifts his chin, smiling. "Watch me".

Noah inhales slowly, followed by him exhaling slowly as well.

Benjamin follows Noah's breathing, his heart slowly calming down. He smiles, hugging Noah tightly.

"sorry. This used to happen when my parents would fight".

"No one was fighting?"

"Gabi and Hayley. It's a long story".