soulmate au // Sophia

This soulmate AU is based in an alternate universe where you're born with the knowledge of your soulmate's name, eye colour, hair colour and age. Based on a tumblr post

Age: sixteen

Soulmates, something so beautiful yet hopeless to those who doubt — L.B

Y/N'S POV
Your phone rang as you groaned, rolling over in your bed. Seeing the name on your screen, you knew better than to hang up. You click accept and rub your eyes.

"Hello?"

"Good morning, Y/N. You have a shoot in half an hour, the one we discussed on Thursday." You hold back any complaints, knowing you'd agreed to the shoot days beforehand. "I have a cup of coffee waiting for you. Just get into something presentable. What did I tell you about-"

"Going to sleep early, I know. I love you too Jenn. I'll see you in fifteen, I'm guessing."

"Love you too, I'll see you in fifteen. Be prepared, these girls have been looking forward to meeting you." You smile softly before hanging up. You get up and do your usual morning routine, rushing around. You stare in the mirror and sigh.

Sophia is your soulmate's name. You know she has blue eyes, reddish hair and is your age. That's it. No last name, no location, nothing. It made you want to tear your hair out. It made it worse that you were a well-known actress, starring in Netflix shows like Riverdale, Orange is the New Black and Everything Sucks. Everyone wanted to be your soulmate, but none of them were.

'Come downstairs NOW!' You grab your bag, shoving your phone and your wallet in and close the door of your hotel room that you were staying in while in LA. You open the door to the car and slide in, grabbing the coffee/iced coffee from Jen's hand and sinking back into the car seat, taking a long sip.

"You're going to be late." Jenn shakes her head as she checks through your schedule on her IPad.

"It'll be fine, J. You know that they won't mind. Just text them for me." Jenn glares at you. You pout playfully. "You know I'm sorry, Jenn. I'll make it up to you by buying you dinner later." Jenn rolls her eyes, but holds a smile on her face. You arrive at the Vogue magazine office building and exit the car, making sure to plop on some sunnies so you don't get recognised. You enter with Jenn and walk up to the receptionist.

"Miss L/N. We've been expecting you." The lady at the desk smiles.

"Sorry we're late. My client got held up." The receptionist nods her head.

"That's okay, I'll get Derek to escort you to the shoot room." A tall tan man with a thick beard comes out and walks with you to the door.

"Right through here, madam." He gestures to one of the large black doors and you thank him with a polite smile. You push through the door and you're soon greeted by a team of three make-up artist and hair stylists. You're pulled towards the make up area and are greeted by Millie and Sadie, who are getting their hair done by the two other hair stylists.

"Y/N! It's so nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you because of Sadie's fangirling. We're both fans of your work." You almost die. Millie Bobby Brown and Sadie Sink know who you are!

"I'm trying not to fangirl over you two and it's really hard." The two giggle and you chat as you're worked on.

"Soph is just getting changed, she should be out in a moment." Sadie gave you a cheeky grin after the three of you are dragged over to the clothing area. You're thrown into a gorgeous black and white gown with astrological figures in black and gold on the skirt.

"Ah yes, I thought there was another girl. Sophie is her name?" You ask, adjusting your skirt before all three of you walk towards the set.

"Sophia, actually." Your whole body freezes as you turn to the source of the reply, a girl standing in front of you. You knew immediately who it was as your whole body rushed with tingles. Blue eyes and short soft ginger hair, she stood tall with beautiful porcelain skin in a blue patterned dress with a bedazzled Peter Pan collar. You fiddle with your skirt nervously, looking down at the ground.

"Sophia, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Sophia." Sophia's eyes widen with realisation as she stared back at you.

"Oh my gosh, no way." The words slip from her lips quickly as she steps forward, leaving minimal space between you. She softly caresses your cheek with her hand, vivid eyes gazing into yours, hypnotising you. All eyes were on the two of you as you connect your lips together, embracing each other. You felt full, content. You pull apart, leaning your foreheads on one another.

"Never thought you'd meet your soulmate at a photoshoot, hey?" Sophia cracks a grin, biting her lip, which drove you crazy.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

"We should probably get back to the photo shoot." You whisper.

"Just one more kiss?" She whispers back and you nod, connecting your lips once more.

WORD COUNT: 893 words