Swimming Pools and BBQ's

I woke up the next morning staring at my cream-colored ceiling watching the ceiling fan spin round and round in dizzy circles. Chris was back in town. We had definitely kissed. A couple times, I recalled. Yeah, as if I had stopped thinking about it. Thinking about his ocean blue eyes, that sandy brown hair, the rough little stubble of facial hair that graced his near perfect jawline.

"UGH!!" I threw the blankets off myself and sat up.

I got to my kitchen where I pushed the button on my Keurig waiting for it to heat up so I could have the much desired and much needed cup of coffee.

"I have no car." I said out loud to no one. Letting Chris drive me home had put me in a predicament. I couldn't go anywhere until he took me to get my car. Unless.....I picked up the phone and dialed my very best friend in the whole while world Kirsten. Kirsten West has been my best friend since Kindergarten when she let me share her crayons. We've been inseparable ever since.  Being an only child, she was the closest thing I've ever had to a sister.

"Good Morning." Her sing-song voice was awfully chirpy for a Saturday morning.

"Hi." I mumbled. "Can you take me to get my car?"

"Sure. Where is it?"

"Sleeping Moon."

"How'd you get home last night?" She wanted to know.

"I got a ride." I winced knowing the turn the conversation was about to have.

"With a man? Are you serious? There is only one man who – oh my gosh don't say it. Chris is in town."

"I'm ready whenever you are." I chose to ignore her comment about Chris.

20 minutes later Kirsten was honking her horn letting me know she was out front. Fueled with 2 cups of coffee I was feeling much better as I slid into her car.

She smiled at me suspiciously.

"Yes?" I prompted.

"Don't make me wait for details."

I laughed, "Yes he's back. Yes we made out."

"Ohhhh." She moaned, "I can't believe Chris Evans turned into Captain freaking America. I'll never get over it. If I could have one night."

"Kirsten! You're married!" I scolded. "Plus he's just Chris to me."

Kirsten rolled her eyes. "So he gave you a ride home but didn't stick around to take you back to the car."

"He didn't spend the night. And he said he would pick me up this morning but it was easier to call you." I explained.

"Of course it was." She smiled sweetly at me.

"I'm going to mom and dad's to spend the day at the pool if you want to come with." I offered.

"I'll be over later. Nate has to work this afternoon."

"Sounds good. Thanks for the ride." I said as we pulled up at The Sleeping Moon.

"Anytime."

I started to get out but she called me back, "Bree is Chris coming today?" Her eyes sparkled mischievously.

"I don't know." I could feel the heat from the blush creeping up the back of my neck.

"You are so shook!" She yelped with a laugh as I slammed her car door shut flipping her the finger in the process.

I drove the quick 15-minute ride to my parents' house from the Sleeping Moon and let myself in the front door.

"Knock knock." I called.