Chapter 2

"What do you mean dad sold me?", my voice rising in anger.

"I'm so sorry Kara", Adam eyes showed a look of guilt and sadness.

I turned to my dad, "What's going on?"

He walked over to me and held one of my hands in his, "You know I love you and I would never do anything to hurt you, right?" I nodded slowly. "If I didn't hand you over I would've put the whole family in danger. I wanted to tell you sooner but I refused to believe that I had to give you up. I'm sorry."

My mom stood up from her seat, "Is this what was bothering you? You sold our daughter to a dangerous criminal? My daughter isn't going anywhere Arthur!"

"Mom, it's fine. I don't want to put my whole family in danger. I'm fine with going if it means all of you are going to be safe." I turned back to my dad and slipped my hand out of his grasp. "When is he coming?"

"He'll be here in an hour." He sighed.

Everyone's eyes were on me as I made my way to my room to start packing. I put on some jeans and a white tank top then stuffed the rest of my clothes into my bag. I brushed and curled my hair out and put on my diamond moon necklace that my brother got me for my 21st birthday a month ago.

I heard a knock on my door just as I was slipping on my black and white converses. "Come in"

My dad walked in, "There here". He said quietly, as if he was ashamed.

"Ok", I followed him out the room and down into the living room.

I saw my mom and Adam sitting on the couch as three guys stood next to them. One of them had short dirty blonde hair, wearing sweatpants and a blue t-shirt. The second guy had dark black hair and a cold stare, wearing dark blue jeans and a black jacket. He had a silver stud in his left ear. The third guy who stood a few inches in front of both of them, I think is Levi, looked even more intimidating than the other two. He wore black jeans and a light gray t-shirt that stuck to his muscular chest. There was no doubt that this guy was the most attractive man I had ever seen. His dark brown hair slightly falling on his face and his bright green eyes that reminded me of the beautiful trees in a forest. I shook the thoughts from my head. No matter how much I thought this guy was attractive he was taking me away from my family and I hated him for that.

As me and my dad walked into the room all eyes focused on us. I kept my eyes from showing any emotion. I didn't want to give them the satisfaction of seeing me angry and sad. My mom grabbed my dad's arm and dragged him a few feet away from everyone. They looked as if they were fighting and I could see tears falling from my mother's eyes.

I turned back to the guys and saw that everyone was still focused on me. I sat down next to my brother and he put an arm around me trying to comfort me. I hate being pitied so I shrugged off his arm. Neither of the guys had did or said anything yet until my parents came back and dad handed Levi an old pwice of paper. He then turned to me and stood right in front of me, "Were leaving.", was all he said before he nodded to the two guys behind him and they walked out the front door.

I walked over to my mom and hugged her. My brother and dad joined the hug too. "I love you guys", I whispered so only they could hear. "Love you too", they said in unison.

"Let's go", Levi repeated harsher.

"Hold on!", I shouted back. I looked at my family and smiled softly, "I'll miss you guys."

I grabbed my bag and walked out the door with Levi right behind me. We got to a black SUV and he opened the back door for me to get in. I climbed into the car and he followed after. The other two guys got in the front seats.