| 006 - Compound |

~
I just secured four proofreaders... les go
~

I bring my bags down the stairs. Jason has helped me pack all of my stuff up and now I stand at the bottom of the stairs with him at my side. We have been living here together for the last year or so and honestly I can't believe I am leaving before him. Suddenly he turns and wraps me in a hug.

I hug him back and he lets go of me handing me my backpack that has my textbooks and school stuff. I am already holding my duffel bag, not wanting to give it to anyone because it is the bag with my clothes and under all fo them is my suit.

It's easy to hide my suit in the duffel bag because pretty much all of the clothes are a couple sizes too big on me because after Aunt May's death I lost a lot of weight. So yeah, basically my suit was pretty much hidden in the bag.

"You good kid?" Mr Stark asks a smile on his face when he sees me interacting with Jason. I nod and shuffle away from Jason who looks between the two of us, patting me on the head again before walking out of the room.

I walk alongside Miss Pepper and Mr Stark past the group of kids who are staring at them and me in awe. I smile and wave at them a little which they all return. I see Miss Pepper watching me as I do so and I shuffle a little before looking forwards again.

"Car's this way," Miss Pepper says lightly as we walk out of the building into the chilly outside. I snuggle myself into my oversized hoodie some more. I nearly fall on my face as I step on a patch of ice which makes Mr Stark laugh a little before offering me his hand.

"You good?" He laughs and I take his hand, smiling as well.

"Yeah," I mumble a smile on my face. I stand back up and walk besides Mr Stark. I avoid all of the ice which makes Mr Stark laugh some more.

We all walk to a car which looks pretty nice and Mr Stark clicks a button so a door opens. I look to Miss Pepper who gives me a smile before climbing into the passenger seat. I move and sit inside but stay close to one of the doors. I know they won't hurt me but just in case I need to get out.

"Hey, it's an hour till we get to the compound upstate," Miss Pepper says and I nod a little.

"You look exhausted, why don't you try to get some sleep?" Mr Stark suggests and receives a look from Miss Pepper which he shrugs off. I nod smiling for a second before letting my body relax in the heated car.

I stare out the window though, not able to fall asleep and I see us leaving the city then driving past open land. I've never been upstate but it is nice up here from what I can tell. It feels peaceful compared to the busy rush of the city.

We pull up to a huge building, about the size of a colleges campus and I stare at in awe. So this is where the Avengers ended up going after the war.

"Hey Friday," Mr Stark speaks and I take my eyes away from the building to see he is looking at me through the mirror. "Is anyone home?" He asks, putting his eyes back onto the road.

"No sir," A voice comes out of no where and I look at the speakers of the car, more confused then ever. "The others made a point to get it across to me that they would be back around six." The person, Friday, says and Mr Stark nods.

"Ok," Mr Stark says and pulls into a garage. "Want me to get your bags?" He offers once we are all out of the car and I shake my head no. I want to keep my duffel bag with me. I could careless about my backpack. "Ok then," He chuckles lightly and I am thankful he didn't try to change my mind.

"The others won't be home for about two hours," Miss Pepper says, looking at a watch that is on her wrist. "You can explore the compound in the meantime," She offers looking at me with a soft smile.

"You two coming?" I hear Mr Stark say and I look to see that he is waiting for us by what seems to be an elevator. I climb into the room which takes all of up stairs. "Can you show Peter his room? I'm going to go to the kitchen." Mr Stark says, looking over me to Miss Pepper.

"Yeah," She says as the door open, revealing an entry room of sorts. "Come on Pete," Miss Pepper says and leads me down one hall while Mr Stark goes in the other direction.

We walk in comfortable silence and Miss Pepper opens at door close to the end of the hall, revealing an amazing room.

"Wow," I whisper to myself in awe.

"Tony bought everything in here," Miss Pepper starts to explain and I look up at her. "I said it would be too much." She adds and I can't help but smile a little as I look back to the room. "Our room is literally just down the hall so if you need anything," She trails off and I nod understanding.

"Thank you," I mumble and she gives me another smile, which I return slightly.

"It's really nothing Peter," Miss Pepper says and I glance around the room. If this is nothing I wonder what something is to them. "I'm going to go make sure Tony has exploded anything," She says looking back down the hall as if she were expecting smoke to start pouring out. She looks back down at me with awe in her eyes and I look to the floor. "Welcome to the family." She smiles and I can't help but smile as well once she leaves the room.

I place my bags on the floor and walk around quietly. The room is literally amazing in ever sense. I peek out the room once again and jump a little when they slide close. I begin to unpack then which basically consists of me throwing my clothes into the closet as neatly as possible which looks trashy but it's whatever.

I leave the rest of my clothes and my suit in the duffel bag, throwing it in the corner so no one goes into it. Hopefully these people won't go into them, that would be a disaster to explain.

I yawn and my eyes travel to the bed, Jason's words repeating in my head. Maybe a couple minutes of sleep wouldn't hurt me, I am so tired.

~

Originally Written: 11/13/19
Republished / Rewritten: 10/12/20
Proofread By: Kalie D.