Chapter 58

Jace was out of the car immediately after he parked it. He jogged down the street and turned around the corner coming up at the stairs that led down.

He didn't hesitate to go downstairs. He arrived at the red door and hammered on it with his fist. The door was pulled open and a tall overbuilt man looked down at him eyeing his black suit.
"You get lost?" The guys asked him

"No." Jace answered "Ariana Feilman."

He looked confused.
"Adam?"

Now Jace was confused.
"Uhm, I'm pretty sure I said Ariana."

The guy looked offended.

"Dark hair, Green eyes..."

"Adam." The guy said again "She's been in there for the past hour getting her ass handed to her."

Jace pushed past him.

"Hey, you can't..."

"She isn't fine." Jace said, his jaw clenched his gaze unwavering which shut him up and he walked past him into the massive room, the noise became deafening around him. The room was packed with people as they chanted and screamed for the fighter in the ring. He made his way through the crowd as each person cursed him. He ignored them and made his way towards the ring. He felt his heart drop when his eyes landed on her in the ring. His legs stopped functioning as he stood with people around him screaming 'yeah' as her opponent delivered a punch she wasn't even trying to block.

His jaw ticked and he pushed through the rest of the crowd and made his way in the ring with people yelling at him to get down.
He walked behind her opponent and pulled her off a now bleeding Ariana.

"What the heck dude!" The female opponent snapped at him "Wait your turn."

He pushed her to the side and crouched low pulling Ariana towards him.
"What have you done, Green?" He asked her, studying her now bruising face.

Ariana gave the best smile she could when she saw Jace's face looking down at her. Her lips felt like they were going to burst from the hits she had been getting.
"I needed to feel something." She forced herself to speak "I-I..."

"Shh...I'll get you out of here." Jace said as he pulled her into his arms and lifted her up walking off the ring and up. He placed her in the passenger's seat and got in quickly driving home and dialling the doctor's number.

"Hello?"

"Dr. Nomad it's Jace. Jace Black. I need you to be at my house ASAP, it's an emergency." Jace blurted as he kept glancing at Ariana as he sped home.

Half an hour later, Jace paced the hallway as he glanced at his closed door. He hadn't been able to think of anything since he saw Ariana. His heart felt like it had been trampled on and his stomach was twisted in knots. He stopped when Dr. Nomad stepped out.

"How is she?" Jace asked hurriedly

"She'll be fine." His doctor said, "She has a bruised rib and a busted lip asides the obvious discolouration of her face. I left something for the bruises on the table and for the pain when she wakes up which would take time because I gave her something to make her sleep. She was in pain and didn't seem concerned about it."

Jace took in the information as his mind replayed what she had said: I needed to feel something.

"Call if anything changes and I'll be here." The doctor said

"Thank you, Doctor." Jace said

"You stay with her, I'll see myself out." He said

Jace gave him a curt nod and went into his room making sure to close the door silently. He padded across his room to the bed and sat down near Ariana. He had wiped her down and changed her clothes when they had arrived. He would have given her a bath but he wasn't sure if the water would be good for the open wounds so he settled with wiping her down. He had worn his shirt for her with the sleeves rolled up.

He reached for her hand and took it in his, sighing.
"Why did you do it?" He asked her "I've been following you since I got back that night and you haven't been in your element or you would have noticed me." He paused, "I've been here all along, waiting for you Ariana. But no more. No more waiting because this time I'm going to fight tooth and nail for you. I'm not going to let you go this time...or any other time." He let out a breath and leaned down, placing a kiss on her forehead before he got back up and left the room.

Ariana's eyes snapped open as the door clicked shut. Her eyes were blurry from the unshed tears.

"You're better off without me." She whispered in the silent room before her heavy lids closed of their own free will and she entered into a deep slumber.

Three days later, Ariana's eyes opened bad she squinted at the bright light coming from the ceiling to floor window in Jace's room which used to be hidden behind the massive curtains. She pushed herself off the bed and surprisingly didn't wince. Her rib felt better and the throbbing in her head and her lips were gone.

The past few days were a blur in her head. She remembered a few bits and pieces from Jace forcing soup into her mouth, giving her pills to swallow, rubbing some kind of ointment on her face and her rib and changing her clothes. She pulled the covers away and stared at her clothes sighing as she took in the light blue shirt she had on. Her panties were different from the one she had on when she went for the underground fight which meant he had changed that too.

Typical Jace. Always in control.

She pushed her feet off the bed and placed them on the floor sucking in a breath as they landed on the cold tiled floor which made her smile. She missed this. She pushed herself off the bed and wobbled a bit, her head spinning for a moment before she got her balance and walked to the bathroom not bothering to shut the door.

Her bladder felt like it was going to explode so after she had relieved herself she walked towards the sink and washed up. She didn't feel clean enough so she unbuttoned the shirt letting it fall to the ground before she stepped under the shower turning it on on full blast and she shivered as the cold water hit her skin before it became warm.

She sighed as the water cascaded down her washing away everything. Then she felt everything hovering at the surface as a lump formed in her throat. She swallowed but it was no use as the first tear slipped down with the water then she let it all go. Crumbling to the floor, wrapping her hands around her knee and burying her head in them she shook in fervour as her feelings overtook her.

Jace walked up the stairs with a tray of soup and water in his hand. He pushed the door to his bedroom open and stopped when he saw the empty bed. He heard the shower running in the bathroom and sighed as he walked towards the bed and placed the tray on the table. He was about lying on the bed when he heard it. Sobs.

He froze just to make sure he was hearing right and his heart broke into tiny pieces as he got up and walked to the bathroom. He immediately spotted Ariana on the shower floor sobbing profusely. He snatched the towel from the stand and walked to her.

"Hey." He placed the towel around her as he reached out to turn the shower off. When she made no move to get up he pulled her wet body into his arms and carried her to the room sitting then placing her on his lap and she cried.

This was good.

Crying was better than hiding her emotions. But he hated seeing her in so much pain. He wanted to take it all away.