Chapter 15

Sports Festival
The Tournament Battles

"I write about the power of trying because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."
- Kristin Armstrong -

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Spirits or Electronic
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading!" - Super Moves or Armors

~ SMASH! ~

"Teams Midoriya, Todoroki, Bakugo, and Tokoyami move on!" Midnight shouted as the teams started to disassemble and celebrate in their own way. More specifically, Ochaco and Mei cheered and high fived while Hitoshi just sighed. But the happy couple immediately hugged each other, well more of Izumi hugging Shoto and him patting her head. "Now, all of you can go get to your seat because the first match will be... *Spinning Noises* Izumi Midoriya versus Hitoshi Shinso!" She shouted as the two students stopped whatever they were doing to glare at each other, but they were taken out of the arena and into separate waiting rooms as Cementoss created an arena out of pure cement.

But as the two fighters were called back to the arena, where they continued to glare at each other despite being teammates just moments ago. "On the left, we have Hitoshi Shinso from the General Course, also known as the ever-sleepy puppeteer. Then on the right, we have Izumi Midoriya from the Hero Course, also known as the multi-outfit maiden!" Present Mic announced as Izumi was annoyed at her nickname. "Let's get this battle started!"

"Remember first to be knocked out of the area or is unable to fight loses!" Midnight shouted as Izumi used her One For All armor in its full glory. But she quickly activated a 5% Full Cowl to make green lightning surround her armor and body which seemed to wow the audience.

Though, she already knew Hitoshi's strategy was to taunt her and she believed she would be ready for anything he could say. "Nothing without that armor, huh? Bet that boyfriend of yours is only there for the fame of getting you pregnant." He taunted as Izumi gave him a death glare, but if looks could kill he would be in Oblivion.

"You bastard!" She shouted as her pupils shrank and she felt the control of her body become farther out of her grasp.

"Now be a good little princess and walk out of the arena." He said as she turned around and slowly started to move towards the edge of the arena.

'NO! I have to beat him!' Izumi thought as she watched her body continue to walk from within her mindscape.

"Then why don't you?" Nana asked as she stood next to Izumi in her mindscape. "You carry the hopes and strength of 8 other people, myself included. So grab my hand, and we'll get through this." She said again as she held out her gloved hand and Izumi grabbed it before their hands glowed a bright golden color.

In reality, Izumi's finger glowed as it forced out all the power of One For All it could muster, knocking Izumi out of her trance. Then she turned around as she glared at Hitoshi and used a more violent Full Cowl at 10% to use the pressure created from her punch to push him out of the arena.

"The winner is Izumi Midoriya!" Midnight announced as Izumi held her left hand which her now broken finger was on. So she helped Hitoshi up before going to Recovery Girl to heal her finger.

After that happened, Tenya Iida 'fought' Mei Hatsume, but it really was just to show Mei's inventions before she stepped out of the arena and basically forfeited the match. Though it was Shoto versus Sero Hanta next, Shoto literally trapped tape boy in a glacier which won him the match before he had to unfreeze the poor tape dispenser. Then the next match was Ibara Shiozaki versus Denki Kaminari, but Ibara could summon vines that protected her from Denki's electricity before she pushed him out of the area using the same vines.