Bad news- 87

Bakugou pov
The house from the outside was rather, plain and boring. The brown brick was dull, and the windows were simple and clean. Despite the house contradicting with Red's personality, it worked perfectly with his parents. The garden on the outside was quite nice though, healthy grass and colourful flowers. Beside me, Red sighed, looking up at his former home; where he grew up. "So you ready?" I asked, watching him carefully. After a pause, he silently nodded to me, opening the gate in front and headed to the door. I followed the stone path that cut through the garden, briefly looking through the living room window to see two figures. I dragged both our cases whilst Red reached the door before knocking twice on it. "Don't worry Red." I muttered next to him, quickly kissing his cheek. The thing was, I was worrying as well; if we came here just for Red's heart to be broken again I could possibly lose it. After a few seconds of nervous anticipation, the door unlocked and Haru appeared, taking in his large stature and dark features. His smile was awkward, one you'd give to someone you didn't really know or you haven't seen in a long time.
"Oh, please, come in." He stepped aside, allowing us to enter. I thanked him as he took the cases out my hands. "I'll take these to your room, one moment." I watched as he headed up the stairs before taking in the interior of the house. The other side of the corridor were different rooms; left was the dining room and kitchen, right was the living room. Covering the cold grey walls were picture frames with the family's faces on. I instantly picked out Red's, seeing his black hair. He looked so different then, so empty.
"Hi, boys." Suddenly I looked up, seeing Kaida standing straight with her hair in a bun. Her eyes were still cold and sad, I just didn't know what she was sad about. Her complexion was paler though, almost making her look sickly.
"Hey mum." Red sighed heavily, standing completely still.
"Hi Kaida." We then both waited for her next move. After a moment of stillness, she stepped forward and hugged Red, an embrace for someone you missed. I smiled to the ground, knowing it was a good sign. She then turned to me and smiled faintly.
"Nice to see you." She reached out her hand which I hesitantly shook. Just as Haru came down the stairs, Kaida's face turned dark as she looked directly at Red. "Maybe we should sit down."

We sat down around the table, only for me to be asked to leave by Kaida. "Sorry Bakugou, but this is sort of a personal matter and maybe it'd be best if you-"
"He's staying." Red said firmly, holding me down on my chair. The parents briefly looked at each other before speaking.
"So be it." She leaned forward. "I think it'd be best to start off by apologising. What I did was cruel and shallow."
"What you did?" Red asked, wondering, the same as me, which bit in particular.
"Being- ignorant, ignoring you for so long. I can't believe it took me to read that article to understand what I was doing." Red didn't speak, he just nodded. "And this isn't going to make up for it, I'm sure you have a lot of resentment for me-"
"We do." I butted in, Before quickly apologising. I couldn't control that side of me sometimes.
"It's just I never- never have been exposed to this sort of- romantic involvement." Red scoffed, but not in a rude way, I didn't think so anyway. "But you have to see where I'm coming from," I rolled my eyes. "I had always pictured the day where you'd bring back a lovely girl, I basically even planned the wedding, you having kids-"
"We can still do all that." Interrupted Red, tapping his finger on the table.
"We know, we know, but what I think your mother means is that she- we always pictured it with a girl." Haru smiled awkwardly at the two of us. Kaida dismissed him with her hands.
"That doesn't matter anyway. I just want to tell you that I hope we can restore our relationship, even build a better one?" She looked directly into Red's eyes, we all did; watching him think and decides what to say. It was almost as if he had been holding his breathe the entire time, as he let out a big sigh of relief.
"I hope so too." He smiled softly at her as she put her hand on top of his. To disrupt their 'moment', Haru cleared his throat, making eyes at Kaida. It seemed like Red had also caught onto the exchange. "Umm, what's up?" I could hear the uncertainty in his voice. His mum leaned back, closing her eyes for a second.
"Eijirou, there's another reason we asked you to come." Haru said solemnly. I cursed silently, they had to ruin it. What could be so important that they needed to say just after reconciling with their son? Kaida looked up, smiling faintly, sadly. When she spoke, her voice was weak, weaker than what it was only a few moments ago.
"Eijirou, I have cancer, I'm- dying."