xix. The Light is Coming

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

NINETEEN THE LIGHT IS COMING

(TO GET BACK EVERYTHING 

THE DARKNESS STOLE...)

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       "GREGOROVITCH HAD the Elder Wand a long time ago," says Harry, a few days later. The four of them are standing in a quiet area of the house, away from anyone who could overhear. Holly stands next to Hermione, brows furrowed. Most mornings, Harry will go outside and make sure that Dobby's grave is fine... Holly's avoided returning since he was buried, since she felt like she was going to drift back to the afterlife when they were putting the house-elf to rest.

       "I saw You-Know-Who trying to find him. When he tracked him down, he found that Gregorovitch didn't have it anymore: it was stolen from him by Grindelwald. How Grindelwald found out that Gregorovitch had it, I don't know — but if Gregorovitch was stupid enough to spread the rumour, it can't have been that difficult... And Grindelwald used the Elder Wand to become powerful. And at the height of his power, when Dumbledore knew he was the only one who could stop him, he duelled Grindelwald and beat him, and he took the Elder Wand."

       "Dumbledore had the Elder Wand?" says Ron. "But then — where's it now?"

       "At Hogwarts," says Harry.

       "Let's go, then!" says Ron.

       "It's too late for that," says Harry. "He knows where it is. He's there now... But Dumbledore didn't want me to have it. He didn't want me to take it. He wanted me to get the Horcruxes."

       "The unbeatable wand, Harry!" says Ron.

       "I'm not supposed to... I'm supposed to get the Horcruxes..."

       Harry begins to zone out, like he's been doing a lot recently. Holly and Ron exchange a look of worry, and she holds back her comment that this has been happening a lot more recently. She knows that there's some sort of connection between the two of them, but she finds it weird, how right now, it's getting worse and worse...

       A few minutes pass, and Harry finally comes back, blinking a couple of times and looking at them irritably. "He's just gotten the wand," he tells them.

       Holly tries, "Just because he has that doesn't mean—"

       "Yeah, I know," says Harry. "I'm going to go outside for a bit."

       Holly nods, as he walks out of the room. Ron puts a hand on Holly's shoulder, before they walk back into the kitchen, where Bill and Fleur are.