Reapers

Mei sat outside the Tardis on the bench, playing with her necklace though she kept the Doctor and her sister in the corner of her eye. After much pleading from Rose and a lot of refusal and threats from Mei, the Doctor had allowed the blonde to try again. 

She had tried to stop him, knowing exactly how Rose's mind worked. She knew Rose would try to stop her father dying. it was obvious, and if the Doctor couldn't see that, then he could deal with the consequences.

"Rose! No!" she heard the Doctor yell and looked up to see Rose doing exactly what she had expected.

She pushed Peter Tyler out of the way of the car, she saved his life. Mei watched her talk to the man, helping him up as little Mei rushed over and clung to his legs, crying in fear of nearly loosing him. She could feel it in her chest, everything the little girl was feeling. And she hated it.

The Doctor gestured for Mei to join him, as he headed for Rose and Peter, but she shook her head. She wanted nothing to do with this false hope. Her father would be dead by the end of this adventure, she could feel it, she didn't want to get hurt any more than she already was.

It was about half an hour before the Doctor returned, looking incredibly pissed with the world. He said nothing for a moment as he sat beside Mei, just watched her tuck her necklace under her top from the corner of his eye.

"I should have listened to you," he admitted, stretching his legs out, "You saw this coming, didn't you?"

"Gwyneth mentioned Rose had been thinking of him," she reminded him of their trip with Charles Dickens, "As soon as she mentioned it to me, i figured something was up."

"Why did you never say you were there?"

Mei remained silent, thoughtful, then sighed, "Mum never wanted to talk about it, the idea that she could have lost us both was too much. And it just never came up with Rose, much like a lot of things. She told Rose dad was an inventor, but he wasn't, she told him he was wonderful, but he wasn't. Peter Tyler was a child in a man's body, a kind and loving one, but an unfaithful and useless one as well."

"Unfaithful?" the Doctor asked, surprised.

"Don't get me wrong, he and mum loved each other. But they married young, they held themselves back, it cost them in the end." Mei shivered, wrapping her arms around herself, "God it's cold. Come on, let's wait for Rose in the TARDIS."

But when the Doctor unlocked the blue box, they found it to only be a blue box. The Tardis interior was missing, leaving nothing but a small closet sized space as if it were a real telephone box on a street corner.

"What?" Mei asked in surprise, "What the hell happened to the TARDIS?!"

"A paradox," the Doctor muttered, grabbing her hand, "We need to find Rose!"

"St Paul's church, come on!" Mei dragged him in the direction of the church, "What's going to happen?" but she got no answer.

As they approached the church, Mei caught sight of her sister standing on the street and almost felt relief. But a shadow overhead caused her to stumble, the Doctor taking over her. It almost looked like a giant bat, with a long tail and claws.

"Rose!" she screamed, catching her sister's attention, though the blonde looked horrified when she saw the Doctor and Mei charging toward her.

"Rose, get in the church!" the Doctor ordered.

But when Rose saw the creature, she could only scream. Luckily, the Doctor reached her in time to push her to the ground, and Mei skidded to a stop behind them.

"Inside!" the brunette yelled over the screams of fear, the Doctor helping her usher others into the Church. 

The creature, joined by two others started pouncing on people, eating them but they only lost a few before Mei and the Doctor got the church doors shut behind them.