xxi. Something in the Way

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

TWENTY-ONE SOMETHING IN THE WAY

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       THE GREAT HALL BECOMES taken over by the Order of the Phoenix, dividing up the remaining students to help them fight. The blonde girl from before, introduced as Briar Lupin, a Beauxbatons student and daughter of Remus Lupin that was present at Bill and Fleur's wedding during the summer, stands next to Fred and George, tightening her ponytail. A pretty boy with dark skin stands next to her, muttering something in French; Holly stands back as students walk past her, going towards their designated leader for the time being. She stays quiet, her hand still holding tightly onto Harry's. She's not letting go of his hand until he's safe, ever since they walked into the hall she's been thinking that. I'm not letting anyone get him... Not even Pansy.

       Holly tries to rack her brain, trying to get into the mindset of her mother. When you hide things, you make sure that there someone that no one will suspect, nor somewhere you could just stumble across. Margo would've hidden it with the intention of it being almost impossible to find. And if it was in the castle, she would've chosen a place that was near enough a secret, undetected by the naked eye...

       Undetected...

       Ohhh.

       "Harry," says Holly, her eyes widening as she turns to look at him. "The Room of Requirement doesn't show up on the map, does it?"

       "No," he says. "Do you think it's—?"

       Holly nods. "But not the version we saw earlier," she says. "Whatever version Draco saw, it must've been the same one as Margo — it's got to be there! That's why I keep on thinking about my cousin — because it's there! It's where he spent all of last year! It's there!"

       "Let's go," says Harry. He calls for McGonagall, who nods, before Harry and Holly run out of the hall, running through the corridors to the Room of Requirement.

       This feels right. She can feel it, in her stomach, this is where it is. She knows it's here, it must be, she can already picture it: long aisles of towering shelves, with all sorts of magical objects, with the diadem nestled discretely next to an old jewellery box, and a ring that's sapphire glows in the dark space.

       "Potter!"

       They skid to a halt. Aberforth stands next to one of the old passageways, an angered expression on his face. Holly tries to catch her breath, as the old man shakes his hand.

       "I've had hundreds of kids thundering through my pub, Potter!"

       "I know, we're evacuating," says Harry. "Voldemort's—"