Holidays

Mrs. Weasley welcomed her children and her adopted children to her home with a bright smile.

"Hi Mrs. Weasley! Thanks for inviting me," Lacey said sweetly.

Mrs. Weasley loves Lacey like she is her own. Her mom isn't active in her life because she's more focused on her career, she had Lacey when she was very young and dedicated that part of her life to raising her, but as soon as she went to Hogwarts its as though she doesn't care much for her anymore. She started on her healing career and that's all she ever does now, Mrs. Weasley isn't even sure if she sends Lacey letters or birthday gifts. It breaks Mrs. Weasley's heart that she has to go through that, but Aurora really did a wonderful raising her until Mrs. Weasley stepped in.

"You never need an invite, dear, you're just as welcome as Fred or George," she said truthfully.

Lacey hugged Mrs. Weasley tightly as Fred carried her bag into the house.

"Dinner will be served soon and then we can give out our gifts to you kids," Mrs. Weasley told them.

Lacey went to the kitchen to help set the table and Fred joined her. He purposely got in Lacey's way so he could kiss her quickly.

"Someone's going to catch us!" Lacey giggled.

"Does that bother you?"

"Kind of," She said.

Fred looked crestfallen, "oh. I'm sorry," he said.

"No! Not because I'm ashamed or anything, but just because I am still technically dating Cedric AND your mum would never let me sleep in your room if she knew," she said quickly, making Fred's face light up.

"You're going to sleep with me?"

"Woah there, hold your horses! One day, but not with your brother in the room and your parents under the roof" Lacey joked.

Fred laughed and kissed her one last time, Lacey smiled into the kiss which caused Fred to smile. He had never been so happy before in his life.

They had just finished setting the table when Mrs. Weasley came out yelling that dinner was ready.

They all sat down in their regular spots and started to eat. Fred rested his hand on Lacey's thigh and slowly moved his hand up to tease her. She tried to push it off without making it obvious. He was holding back laughs at her straight face.

Knowing that biting her lip drives him crazy, she turned to him and slowly bit her bottom lip.

"Do you think you could pass me the gravy, Freddy," she said to him, then continued to bite her lip.

"You win," he said in a low grumble, removing his hand.

"How's the school year going for everyone?" Mr. Weasley asked.

They were met with some 'goods' and 'greats' from the teenagers and an 'excellent' from Fred.

"How's Cedric?" Mrs. Weasley asked Lacey.

"He's, um, doing well," she said awkwardly.

Mrs. Weasley could sense something was off in her relationship with the Diggory boy but didn't question it.

"How was the Yule Ball?" She asked.

"Best day of my life, mum, honestly," Fred exclaimed before anyone else could even open their mouths.

"Why is that?" She said, slightly angry. She thought he had played some sort of prank.

"Oh, you'll all find out soon enough," he replied.