red star

I stick my hand in the hat with my eyes squeezed shut.

"Bracing for impact, sweetheart?" Tony bites his lip to keep from laughing.

Something stabs me from inside the hat and I yelp.

"Apparently yes, Stark." I say, throwing a pointed glance his way. (Me editing: ahahahahhaahhahahha. a POINTED glance. Get it? Punsss)He howls in laughter. I slowly pull out my assaulter.

A red metal star?

"Who's this?" I giggle.

"That would be Mr. Potato arm over there." Tony says, pointing at Bucky. I fix him with a playfully accusing stare.

"You have assaulted me, Mr. Barnes."

"Oh I'm deeply sorry, Mrs. (y/l/n). Maybe," he stands and offers me his arm, "you could accompany me into that closet and I could show you how sorry I truly am."

My mouth drops open and various gasps and snickers echo from the Avengers mouths.

I stare into his deep blue eyes and accept his arm. We both march into the closet side by side, chins up high.

As soon as the door clicks shut behind us we burst into laughter.

"Did you see the looks on their faces?" Bucky sniggers.

"How could I not? I swear, when Steve heard you say you wanted to show me how sorry you were, he choked on air." ( Me editing: that's not funny, me.)

"You know (y/n), when I said that I wasn't kidding." he mutters, cupping my cheek with his flesh hand.

My lips part in disbelief with a small 'pop', and Bucky takes my moment of weakness to plant a small, soft kiss to my lips. (Me editing: honestly I can't even get my mans that me likes so reading this is depressing me I'm so lonely help)

I cup his cheeks with both hands and the kiss deepens. After a while, I notice that his metal arm has stayed limp at his side. I pull away from him.

"Buck," I scold, "Why are you not using your other hand?" He stares at his shoes and mumbles something incoherent. I tip his chin up to face mine.

"What was that?"

"I said I don't want to hurt you." he whispers.

"James Buchanan Barnes!" I chide. "I trust you." I say in a softer tone. His blue eyes meet mine and I place another kiss on his lips. Slowly while he's distracted I grab his metal arm and place it on my hip, holding it there.

He breaks away. "(y/n), I—."

"Bucky I love your arm." I bring it up to my lips and kiss it. I can see the thought on his face as he's trying to decide what to do next, but the door opens to

show a Clint with his hands over his eyes.

"Are you guys done, 'proving how sorry you are'?" he asks.

"Yeah we're done." I say, throwing once last glance at Bucky.

I walk out of the closet and plop myself down on a couch. Everyone continues on with the game after many confused looks. That's when Bucky runs out of the closet and slides in right beside me.

"You know, it's starting to grow on me." He whispers in my ear. (me editing: ALL THESE FUKCING PUNS JESUS CHRIST)

"What is?" I whisper back, watching as Wanda chooses a reindeer ornament.

"My arm." he says and I stare at him.

My arms go around his neck and this time, he holds me back with both metal and skin.