Messes of all kinds

AHHHHH!!!!!! 100K VIEWS!!! YALL ARE AMAZING!!!!! Thank you guys so much for sticking with me through this story it means so freaking much to me!!!!!
____________________________
Maya opened her door with her key and looks at her phone as she walked in.

"Alright I'm here. What do you need help with?" Maya asked before she looked up from her phone and her eyes immediately widened. Clothes were everywhere, shoes, hair accessories, books, personal items and more. "Riley Matthews!" Maya yelled out as she started walking more into the room. Before she could take another step she tripped over a makeup kit and fell face first. Maya leaned her head up and saw that she had face planted in Riley's underwear. "Riley!" She yelled again as she made a disgusted look.

Riley came out of the small closet as Maya got up from the floor and dusted off the clothes that stuck to her. She looked over at Riley and glared at the innocent looking girl.

"I need help." Riley whined. Maya scoffed.

"Please tell me that somehow this is just my imagination." Maya told her as she started stepping over stuff to get to Riley. Riley bit her lip.

"I lost something." Riley told her. Maya nodded her head.

"Might that be your mind?" She asked her seriously. Riley rolled her eyes. "Where is my bed?" Maya asked as she walked over to where her bed "use" to be. It was now covered in Riley's clothes.

"Maya I really need your help. I lost a bracelet that Lucas gave me for my birthday last year. If I can't find it he'll be devastated." Riley told her honestly. Maya sighed as she ran a hand through her hair and looked at the room. There wasn't one inch that wasn't covered in something of Riley's. She should have ignored the phone call like Josh told her to.

"Fine. But once we do find it, I am leaving and you can clean this whole mess up by yourself." Maya told her causing Riley to give her a pouty face.

"Fine. Just please help me find it." Maya sighed before they both started searching the room and looking for the small bracelet.

"How did you even loose it, you never take it off. I was beginning to think you sowed it on your body." Maya told her. Riley shook her head as she was checking under the beds.

"After we got into that fight over the holidays I took it off and just threw it somewhere. I was angry. But now that we have made up I tried to find it but realized I couldn't and then I freaked out." Riley told her. Maya shook her head.

"So what are you doing for the holidays?" She asked. Riley sighed.

"I'm spending thanksgiving with his family, Christmas with mine and then the day after Christmas we are going back to Texas to spend New Years with them." Riley told her. Maya narrowed her eyebrows.

"Isn't that exactly what you didn't want to happen?" She asked seriously. Riley shook her head.

"I didn't want to spend Christmas with his family. New Years isn't the same. Besides, he said he has some big surprise for me but he can only do it in Texas for some reason. He was going to give it to me for Christmas but how he's going to wait until New Years." Riley told her. Maya felt her heart stop. She knew exactly what that surprise was. She closed her eyes for a second before she started looking again.

Maya brought her night stand out from the wall a little bit and there on the floor was Riley's bracelet.

"Found it!" Maya yelled as she picked it up and showed it to Riley. Riley face dropped as she saw it in Maya's hand.

"Two hours! It took me two hours searching this room and it only took you two minutes!" Riley exclaimed. Maya handed the bracelet to her and grabbed her phone and keys.

"Next time just look under the furniture first. Anyway, have fun." Maya told her.

"Thank you!" Riley exclaimed before the door closed behind Maya.
~
Maya started a fast paced walk over to Josh's dorm. She wanted so bad to o confront Lucas on the whole "New Years proposal" that he was planning. But she knew that Topanga was right, and at some point you just had to sit back and let others make their own decision. Suddenly Maya ran into someone.

"Whoa." An all too familiar voice said. "Careful." Maya looked up to see Simon. Maya smiled at him as he gripped his backpack tighter and and took a step back from her.

"Sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." Maya told him. Simon nodded.

"Rushed for time?" He asked. Maya shrugged her shoulders.

"More like anxious to get where I'm going." She answered. Simon nodded as he rocked back and forth on his feet.

"Josh?" He guessed. Maya hesitantly nodded. Simon smiled a little. "Figured." He replied.

"How did you know?" She asked him. Simon looked up at the sky and shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess it was just a matter of time." He answered honesty. Maya looked at him sadly.

"I'm sorry, Simon." She whispered. Simon shrugged his shoulders.

"For what? Moving on? Maya that's what we agreed on. Besides, it never would have worked between us anyway. You're too bossy." He teased her. Maya looked up at him shocked.

"What? I am- I am not bossy!" She stuttered out causing Simon to laugh.

"Says you." He replied. Maya rolled her eyes but had a smile on her face anyway.

"We're kind of keeping it low key, no labels yet. Do you mind not saying anything?" She asked. Simon brought his hand up to his lips and made a zipping his mouth shut motion before tossing an invisible key over his shoulder.

"Won't say a word." He told her. Maya smiled before leaning up and putting her arms around his neck and then giving him a hug. Simon tensed up but eventually relaxed and gave her a one arm hug back. After Maya pulled away she smiled at him.

"Thanks." She said. Simon winked at her before walking past her and to whatever class he had next. Maya sighed. She hopes things can get back to normal between them eventually. She missed their friendship.
_______________________________
School is staring back on Thursday and I am not ready for it. It's bittersweet because it's my senior year.