I still don't know what to title this.

A/N: Part two of this untitled thing! This one will be heavier (probably, I haven't planned anything in this like I usually do) than my other ones, but I love this plot idea. When I say heavier I mean, there will be mentions of abuse, cause the Harry Potter books were dialled down for kids (in my opinion) and didn't portray an abused child in its entirety. I probably won't either, cause I've never met an abused child and this may not be spot on but this is just what I think Harry would be like. It's fanfic, it don't need to be spot on! 😂😂 Hope you enjoy, please comment and vote. Dedicated to Ella1101123 and RiTheTepot.

Throughout the feast, people stared at him. Even from across the room, people craned their necks to et a good look at him. But Harry didn't notice them. When the food had appeared on the platters, Harry's eyes had widened. He had never seen so much food before. Around him, people were serving themselves and chatting but he refrained from taking some. It hurt him that he couldn't eat it. At least when the Dursley's didn't let him eat, it was never food as luxurious as this. Draco looked beside him to continue their conversation from the train and was shocked when he saw Harry's head bowed and his plate empty.

"Aren't you hungry Harry?" People looked up from their plates and were surprised to see the young boy sitting in front of an empty plate. Harry felt tears burn in his eyes. Why would Draco tease him like that? He thought they were friends! He nodded slowly, head still bowed. "Then why aren't you eating?" Draco asked. His mother had sort of explained it to him. People hadn't treated him well, so he might have trouble with things so Draco was to help him. He was happy to help his new friend but an eleven year old mind can't really comprehend the extent of having trouble with things after abuse, especially when the people who had explained it to him didn't really understand the extent of it either.

Harry looked up at him in shock. "I-I can eat?" He whispered, not daring to believe it. Draco nodded eagerly. Harry beamed at him and hesitantly took a piece of chicken. When no one yelled at him or hit him, he took a small helping of potatoes too. Not too much though. He didn't want to push his luck. People around him stared at him. They had never met a child who acted like Harry. Some of the older students pieced together why he was acting like that and they were disgusted. They felt bad for the kid and silently vowed to be kind to him. Silently though. Can't have people thinking Slytherins have hearts. Harry ate slowly, still expecting to be punished.

Up at the professors table, Snape looked on in disgust. Earlier that evening, he had gotten an owl from Lucius. He spoke about his inquiry about Harry at the Ministry. And the things he had found out made Severus sick. He had vowed to hate the boy who had caused the death of the woman he loved, but looking at the terrified little boy he couldn't feel anything but protective. Lily had made him godfather of the child. How Dumbledore could had left him in a situation like that evaded him. Albus had told him he was safe with the muggles, that it would benefit him. Looking at the malnourished, mistreated, terrified little boy at his house's table, he felt anger course through him. He resolved to talk to Albus after dinner.

When dessert came, Harry waited a few minutes to take a slice of treacle tart. He looked around him furtively as he slowly ate. He caught the eye of the boy who had been rude to Draco on the train. The red haired boy was staring at them with barely concealed hatred. Harry narrowed his eyes at the boy who flushed red and turned around abruptly, embarrassed to have been caught. Harry sighed and stared around warily at the rest of the houses. The ones with the red were Gryffindors, the ones with the yellow were Hufflepuffs, and the ones with the blue were Ravenclaws. Or was it the other way around? Dumbledore stood up as the food on the plates vanished, leaving them spotless. He beamed out at the sea of students. After making a small speech he sent them off to bed with a wave of his hand.