8: Break The Rules

"Oi! Puppy boy! You're in the kill zone!" Maddie called out to Carlos, who was cluelessly looking around.

"Put your helmet on!" Coach Jenkins called out.

"Kill zone?" Carlos questioned, slowly walking sideways as he used one hand to attempt to put on his helmet.

"Pick it up. Put it on! Two hands." Coach yelled. Maddie ran over to Carlos and put his helmet on.

"It's not that hard to put on a helmet." she rolled her eyes under her own helmet and ran off as Coach blew the whistle. Ben started off with the ball, passing it to Maddie as he slammed into an opponent. She passed it on to another player before noticing, at the other end of the field, Jay was just knocking players over.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Maddie questioned, slowing to a stop. Jay continued and knocked Chad straight to the floor, which made Maddie burst into laughter. He ran and dived, rolled and jumped over the dragon fire. "Woah." Maddie stared as the scene unfolded. The majority of the other players were still on the floor.

"That's not allowed!" Chad exclaimed.

"Oh shut up." Maddie rolled her eyes and kicked Chad's helmet to push him back to the floor. She watched Jay dodge every bit of dragon fire that came flying at him. He then sprinted towards a panicking Carlos.

"Jay! It's me! It's Carlos!" he screeched, though Jay continued to barrel towards him.

"I'm not missing this, this is hilarious!" she exclaimed, laughing as she started to run down to the other end of the field. Carlos fell to the floor and Jay used his shield as a boost, jumping over and hitting the ball straight into the goal. He immediately started to dance around and cheer. He threw his helmet to the floor.

"You're such an idiot!" Maddie shouted through snorts, laughs, chortles and giggles.

"He cheated." Chad grumbled.

"Oh shut up." Maddie rolled her eyes, still laughing until Coach blew the whistle.

"You!" Coach Jenkins shouted across the field, pointing at Jay. "Get over here!" he looked confused but started to walk as the cheerleaders, apart from Audrey, jumped and cheered. Maddie shot them glares... absentmindedly. Audrey placed her hands on her hips and did not look impressed.

"Oi princess what's up with you this time?" Maddie strutted over to the cheerleaders.

"Go away." Audrey huffed.

"Alright alright I was only asking." Maddie rolled her eyes, taking off her helmet. "You're only pissed off because he's not playing by the stupid rules."

"They already broke the rules by letting you on the team." Audrey scoffed.

"Then why not just break the rules even more?" Maddie shrugged and bounced away, over to the rest of the team who had gathered around Coach Jenkins.

"I call that raw talent!" he exclaimed, smiling at Jay. Maddie snorted at Chad's face, confused and almost disgusted. "Come find me later and I'll show you something you haven't seen before. It's called a rule book." Coach chuckled.

"Nah I think the way Jay played was better." Maddie commented. "More fun."

"Rules still have to be a thing, Madison." Coach said.

"Maybe she should come with you. Then you can show her the rule book too." Chad grumbled.

"Chad leave it." Ben said.

"Madison is a fine player on the team." Coach Jenkins defended her.

"Oh yeah but the way I play isn't the problem, is it Prince Jerk?" Maddie raised her eyebrows. "The problem is that I'm a girl."

"Don't start now, you two." Coach sighed and then patted Jay's arm. "Welcome to the team, son." Coach then looked at Carlos.

"You ever thought about band?" he asked.

"Ha ha." Carlos said sarcastically while Jay started laughing and Maddie sniggered.

"I'll work with him Coach." Ben said.

"Let's run that again!" Coach called and blew the whistle. Jay smirked and turned around.

"Woo!" he came face to face with Chad and the smirk faded.

"Come on boys. Save the staring contests for later!" Maddie yelled as she ran out onto the field. Jay knocked into Chad's arm and then ran off.

"Ow..." Chad clutched his arm.

" Chad clutched his arm