Twenty-Six

« 26SURPRISES »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~"Day 12 without Lucky Charms

~~~•~~~
"Day 12 without Lucky Charms."

Talia groaned in annoyance as she found herself, once again, sat in the centre of one of Valentines cages. Moving herself to sit up, she winced as a sharp pain in her wrist caught her attention. Talia furrowed her brows as she saw a long needle penetrating her skin and was struck into one of her veins.

Curiously, the blonde followed the tube attached to the needle to a medium sized tank outside the cage with tendrils of blood swirling around the liquid. The needle had cut a long gash from her wrist to her elbow crease with dark blood leaking out and around her arm. She wrinkled her nose in disgust and almost gipped at the sight.

"Why am I always the bloody invalid?" Talia huffed, throwing her head back against the bars. Her eye caught ahold of Clary's fiery head in a cage a fair distance away as she spoke to Dot, a thoughtful expression on the formers face.

Suddenly, Dot opened Clary's cage, allowing her to step out and embrace the woman. Talia raised an eyebrow at the pair before they turned to her and Clary dashed over, glancing warily at the machine beside her. She turned to Dot, "What is this?"

"Phase Two," Dot said, turning to look at the dishevelled girl inside the cage, "Valentine is extracting your blood so that he can identify the percentage of Downworlder, angel and demon blood he used so that he can make replicas of you in his army."

Clary shook her head, "Why would he want that, I thought he despised Downworlders."

"Their species, yes. But their abilities...he wants to harness them within a Shadowhunter, his only successful attempt was Talia which was almost twenty years ago."

"We can't let him do it again then," Talia gritted out as she began pulling the needle out of her arm.

Clary widened her eyes, "Wait, Talia, what are you-"

She was cut off by the breath the taller girl let out as she dropped the metal to the ground with a loud clang, "Well that sucked."

The red-head clicked her tongue, "Right, okay. Dot could you get her out?"

Dot nodded, unlocking the cage with the flick of her fingers. Clary dashed in and put Talia's arm over her shoulder and helped her stand.

"So, what are we doing now?" The dark blonde questioned them, watching as Clary dropped her arm so that she could stand on her own and turned to her.

"We're getting out of here."

                               ~~~•~~~

Talia stayed behind some of the machinery as Clary walked towards where Jace and Valentine were stood with a white haired girl chained to the side of the boat as Dot walked into position at the side of the ship.