52. Rough Play

[Edited]

"No way! I don't want to be on a liars team!"

My hands dropped, clapping against my sides in frustration at Jin's pettiness as we divided into teams for beach volleyball. 

"For the last time I never lied, I just didn't tell you right away! Announcing an engagement is too important for a simple text. I wanted to tell you in person," I pouted, shooting innocent puppy eyes over my shoulder in Jin's direction.

He sighed and kicked at the warm sand knowing he couldn't stay mad at his best friend who looked this innocent and sorry. "Urgh! Stop with that face, it makes it so hard to hate you!" 

"You could never hate me!" I winked and he rolled his eyes, ducking under the net over to the side I stood with my dad.

"Are you sure you're not too old to be playing with us young folk?" I teased, resting a pitying hand on my dads shoulder but he only fake laughed.

"Oh please, if I can travel three-hundred kilometers across the Simpson Desert with no showers and only a few camel packs, this will be a walk in the park with you kids," his hands reached out to ruffle my hair and I groaned, trying my best to finger-comb it back into place.

"Dad, I'm not a kid anymore!" I whined, scrunching my nose up in distaste.

He sighed, staring out briefly towards the sea. "Sometimes I like to think that you still are. I'm sorry."

I huffed a quick laugh before landing a hard pat on his arm. "Don't apologize to me, apologize to Jungkook."

My dad frowned, crossing his arms like a child and I could only stare incredulously until the clearing of a throat caught my attention. 

Jungkook's eyes locked on mine and I moved forward without thinking, looping my fingers through the large holes in the net casually as he towered over my figure on the other side.

"Ready to lose?" he asked, smug smirk firmly in place as he stared me down through the squares of the net.

I raised an eyebrow, smirk of my own beginning to form at the challenge. "I might be smaller than you, Mr. Jeon, but don't be fooled. I will crush you," I declared confidently, but that confidence was slowly eaten away as he leaned in closer, fingers linking over mine around the white ropes.

He bit his lip for a moment in thought before looking up at me through his lashes. "Do you really wanna play rough, Mrs. Jeon?" 

His tongue darted across his lower lip and the thought of not being able to touch him, be intimate with him the way I wanted since my parents were now staying with us made it even more difficult to keep myself from jumping on him right there.

I could only gulp, lungs collapsing as a wave of extreme need and annoyance added to my determination to win. He chuckled, leaning in to give my ring finger a quick kiss but I snatched it away from the net before he could close in.