Chapter 45

Hoseok slams his empty cup of coffee on the table as he continues to scribble down any reasonable places he could conjure up on where you were. Jin had spent almost an entire week looking at the videos on the chip, there were so many, he was surprised how much storage the chip had. Each video showed Namjoon on his journey in (insert native country) where you used to live.

Namjoon would record moments of when you and him were dating, Hoseok saw how happy you were with him. He can still remember you telling Namjoon that you loved him, and that there was nothing that could top Namjoon coming all the way to America just to be with you.

And then he saw how you lost your memories.

You were in the front seat of the car, Namjoon in the back recording everything. Chase Patterson, the boy who was missing from America, was the one driving. He saw Mandella Simmons, who was missing from Canada, and Jeanette Robinson, who was missing from France, sat with Namjoon in the back. He heard another male voice, but Namjoon never pointed the camera to him.

He can remember the words you spoke before the crash, "I'm never going to forget how much fun we're having." Then he heard the breaks screaming and the loud crash sounding.

Hoseok clenches his eyes shut and shakes his head. He fights back his emotions and looks back to his notes.

"America, Canada, and France... How was Namjoon able to kidnap people from these countries and get them back to Korea without raising suspicion?" Hoseok mutters and he hears shuffling footsteps behind him.

"Hoseok?" Rosé's voice comes out in a whisper, "You're still awake?"

Hoseok only nods before he rakes his fingers through his hair. Rosé comes over and sits beside him and Hoseok gives her a quick glance before turning back to his notes.

"I don't understand it, how can he go to three different countries and just take people? And no one suspected anything?" Hoseok groans before he rests his forehead against the table, "I'm at a road block, I don't know what else to do."

Rosé hums before she takes Hoseok's notes and looks at the scrawled notes. She raises a brow and takes one of Hoseok's pens and begins to write on the note. She writes down three numbers underneath each country name, '7, 6, 6', she then takes the first letter of each country and equals it to the position in the American alphabet: C = 3, A = 1, F = 6.

"10/19, Hoseok, it's a date!" Rosé says as she places the paper down and points to what she discovered, "See? If you add the letters to the beginning of each country's name you get 19, and when you equal the first letter to each of the names you get 10. 10 is the month of October! Something must be going on the 19th of this month!"

"Are you sure about this?" Hoseok squints his eyes, "Don't you think it's a little far fetched?"

"Namjoon has a high IQ, right? Don't you think a hidden message is up his alley?" Rosé takes the paper again and writes down the names of the people that were kidnapped and found dead, "Chase, Mandella, and Jeanette. Their letters add up to 21, C, M, and J adds up to 26. Hm.."

"What's going on here?" Jimin asks as he rubs his eyes sleepily, "You guys are louder than you think."

"Sorry Jimin," Rosé lowers her voice, "We're just trying to figure things out."

"Rosé's come up with a series of numbers, she thinks one of them is a date, but we can't figure out what the other two mean." Hoseok yawns before he lazily blinks.

Jimin carefully takes the paper in his fingers and stares at the numbers, "10, 19, 21, and 26."

"10 and 19 pair together, that's why I thought it was a date for October 19th." Rosé scrunches up her nose, "But 21 and 26 don't seem to mean anything."

"Maybe it's a code?" Jimin takes a seat as he scans over the page.

"Ok, but what kind?"

"Well, to get these numbers you used the A1Z26 code when it came to adding the first letters together. And you also used part of a cipher when you used the number of letters in each word." Jimin says and he huffs, "Maybe we're overlooking something."

"Did Jin fins anything suspicious in the recordings?" Rosé asks and Jimin bites his lower lip.

"Everything in there is suspicious." Jimin sighs and runs a hand through his hair, "Maybe the videos have title names?"

"Too obvious," Rosé shakes her head in disapproval, "Maybe we should go back to the old shack?"

"Maybe," Jimin turns his gaze to Hoseok when he begins to snore, he had fallen asleep when the two were talking, "Let's do it in the morning. It's late, and we need to have our sharpest eyes when we go back to look."

Rosé nods her head and Jimin picks up Hoseok and lugs him back to his room.

~*~

The next day, the group finds themselves rummaging through every nook and cranny in the abandoned cabin. They spent hours scavenging for any clues they could find, but most of what they found had been damaged due to weather inclement.

"Maybe this was just another dead end?" Rosé asks as she tries to rip up the floor board, "Maybe we were wrong about looking here."

"Where else could we look? We don't know of any place else." Jimin grunts as he and Jungkook move a large book case. Yoongi and Jin were looking around the outside of the house, and Hoseok took a shovel to the back yard to see if there was anything buried.

"We've been here for a long time, and we haven't found anything useful." Rosé pulls up another piece of flooring and frowns when there's nothing but dirt and gravel looking back at her, "Have you guys found anything?"

Jungkook crouches down and picks up a small piece of paper, he flips it to the other side and then holds it up in the air, "Just did, some kind of letter sequence..."

Jimin takes the note and furrows his brow, "English letters, but they don't make any real words."

"Maybe the letters are scrambled?" Rosé asks, dusting her hands off, "You know, like those worksheets for kids?"

"But most of these words have no vowels. You can't really make a word without vowels." Jimin sniffs as he continues to look at the note, "Maybe Jin might know something, he's a hacker, he should know all about codings, right?"

The two others nod their heads and rush outside.

"Jin! Look at this!" Jimin shoves the piece of paper in the elder's hands and Jin raises a brow.

"A code?"

Rosé nods her head, "And I was working on another one last night, do you think you can help crack the codes?"

Jin slowly nods as he studies the paper, "Yeah, I'll need some time, and I'll have to look at your code."

"So we can stop looking now?" Yoongi huffs out and begins walking to the car once he got confirmation, "I'm getting too old for this shit."

"You're 19!" Jin scoffs, "And I'm 20! If anyone should be feeling old, it's me!"

"I'll go grab Hobi." Jungkook darts off to get the boy and Rosé begins to explain to Jin about her code.

All of the pieces were slowly coming together.

________________________________

A/N: Writer's block sucks so much 😫 and just to prove my dedication to this fanfic, I've been using multiple different types of coding to try and make (somewhat) logical answers to the information that Rosé has been finding. It was a very long process, but I've written down everything needed for that portion to come in the next chapter. I have a page and a half of cryptic messages and different codes to crack them so 😂 there's my dedication. Anyways, happy reading!

~ Night Writer