Trouble ~ Cole

Cole ran a hand through his hair, frustrated. The ninja had been on the case of arsonists. From what they could tell, the criminals bought fireworks from different stores and wholesalers to cover up their tracks.

They then modified the fireworks to explode much worse and way less pretty and planted them before they detonated it while they were far away from the site.

The ninja had been putting out fires all week and had been losing sleep trying to solve the case. What frustrated everyone, was that the people who bought the fireworks couldn't be traced because they used cash to pay for all the materials they needed.

They also never got it personally. They used illegal night errand boys, who couldn't be traced either.

What made it worse, was that they kept sending cryptic notes about the next location of another arson. Every time they thought they had solved the riddle, the true location was on the other side of the city, which actually fit the riddle better.

There was absolutely no rest for them, and they were constantly on edge, wondering whether the signs and clues were honestly there or if they were planted.

One thing they couldn't figure out was where they were getting so much money from. To get millions of dollars for the fireworks and equipment and for the errand boys was something they needed major investment for.

So, they went to every single millionaire in the city, which resulted in a dead end.

Recently though, they had managed to get a picture of a suspicious person walking out of the building that had been the location of the next arson. They had gone through days of footage before realizing that this one person didn't have an apartment in the building or any relations to people living there. He didn't have a delivery job neither was employed in the building.

They had gone through every single possibility before coming to the result that he had something to do with the arsonists, but they couldn't be sure, so they sent Cole to spy on this suspect.

Which ended up with you yelling at him for stalking you when he was actually "stalking " your boyfriend.

So here he was, in the main room, looking through footage of the mall, after you had parted ways with your boyfriend. He didn't do anything suspicious though, which had Cole pulling his hair.

Just when he was about to give up, he found something, a man had come up to your boyfriend and he seemed to be asking questions and your boyfriend, ever the gentleman, guided the man by giving him a detailed explanation.

Narrowing his eyes, he followed the supposedly lost person through the various security camera footage. The guy eventually got to a post office where he received a letter.

Hoping it was a new lead, he left the bounty with his coat and keys.

.

After visiting the post office, he learnt that the person was a regular there, so why would he need directions?

They needed to keep everything on the down-low, in case the arsonist caught on, so Cole personally went to every single hospital and got his medical records to see if the man was a patient suffering from short-term memory loss.

A butterfly erupted in his stomach when he came to know that he was as healthy as a man could be. He might be a suspect, and Cole felt oddly excited about it.

Eventually they had managed to find the guy, who was a victim of the arson and their happiness deflated, until they had come to know that he had insured his house for at least 82,000 dollars.

They had surely gotten a lead here.

After spying on that man for weeks they had finally managed to track down the home base of the arsonists

And after more days of observation, they decided to move in and catch them.

Although they had more coming at them then they expected.

"Alright, guys, you're all under arrest. Put your hands up." Said Kai as he came inside, sword up.

"You can try." Your boyfriend smirked as he came forward.

Suddenly, the doors were locked and the ninja's weapons were pulled from their hands.

"How?" "A strong magnet can do lots."

They were heavily outnumbered, but they didn't let that scare them, instead they lowered their stances and were prepared to fight them.

"Forget it, you'll never be able to beat all of us."

"You forget, we have elemental powers."

"And you don't realize that this room is made of vengestone."

It didn't take long for them to be captured.

"I bet you're all wondering who was the amazing strategist that gave us the advice to help catch you."

Your boyfriend smirked widely and stepped aside to reveal you.

You smiled wickedly, "Hello again boys. And Nya."