IMAGINE: Kili and you falling in love

You quietly move through the Shire like a ghost, moving with the shadows and remaining unseen by all. Though Dwarves are known for not being overall quiet creatures, you've mastered the art of silence.

      You're from the Blue Mountains. Your father Balin left a while back on some secret mission. You begged your father to let you go on this adventure with him but he absolutely refused. So instead of obeying his word, you followed him from afar. You have no idea what's going to happen when he finds out you've been following him, but you do know he's going to be furious.

     "Serves him right for treating me like a child." You whisper under your breath. You stop and squint in the darkness as your father steps up to a Hobbit hole. He knocks on the door and then enters. Your eyebrows furrow. "What in world?" You whisper. "He came this far only to go to a Hobbit hole?" You practically roll your eyes. You look both ways before crossing the dirt road and then skirt across the street. You jump over the small fence and sneak up to one of the windows. You peer through it.

     "What is going on?" You whisper, trying to get a good look. "Uncle Dwalin?" Your eyebrows furrow even more. You don't even remember him leaving the Blue Mountains. "Who else is in there?" You ask, standing on your tiptoes to get a better look.

     "I don't know about you, Fili, but it looks as if we have a peeping Tom." A voice says from behind you. You whirl around with a gasp and come face to face with Fili and Kili.

Fili laughs incredulously and crosses his arms. "Why, Y/N, I don't believe it!" He exclaims. You're acquaintances of Fili's and Kili's. You don't know them that well to consider yourselves friends.

     "What are you doing here? Does your father know you're here?" Kili asks lowly, grabbing your arm.

     "No, he does not." You answer.

      "Y/N, I don't want to state the obvious, but he's not going to be happy to see you." Fili says.

      "I can do what I want. I'm not a child." You mutter with aggravation. You turn suspicious eyes to the brothers. "Besides, what are you guys doing here?"

     "Um, a secret mission?" Kili asks as if it should be obvious to you.

     You gape. "Wait. Hold on. You get invited but I don't? We're the same age! How could you possibly get invited and not me?!" You practically shriek.

      Kili's grip on your arm tightens. "Y/N, you don't understand. This mission is going to be very, very, very dangerous." He says softly, staring into your eyes.

     "I can take care of myself." You bat his hand away from your arm.

     "I never said you couldn't. But Fili and I were told that there's a good chance we may never return back home." He tells you. You falter and look at Fili who nods his confirmation at you. Your eyebrows draw and you look up at Kili again.

     "What mission is this?" You whisper.

     "One you're not going on." Your father's voice sternly says from behind you. You grimace and slowly turn around. Balin doesn't look happy.

     "Hi, papa." You smile sheepishly.

     "Uhhh...we should go inside." Fili says, hurriedly grabbing Kili's arm and all but dragging him into the Hobbit hole.

Your father crosses his arms and fixes you with a stare. You fidget nervously. He hasn't said anything, he has just been staring at you for a long minute. You can't take the silence anymore.

     "Okay, okay, okay, I know. I know. It was bad. I disobeyed you and followed you from the Blue Mountains. But I wanted in on the action. When you were my age, you were off having adventures and exploring the world. I just wanted to finally leave the Blue Mountains and see the world. Since we've been gone, I've learned so much already. Even though I was following you from afar, I was on my own. I've grown as a person since you last saw me at home. I've changed for the better. And now with this secret mission everyone is talking about, it only makes me yearn for more." You blurt out all at once. Your father is looking at you like you're crazy. "Sorry." You flush. "I'm-I'm just passionate, that's all." You murmur.